Blade Tape

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone still use Blade Tape or is there anything better out there now than standard tape?

Have never tried this, but I recently saw them on sale for $10 in my area so I figured to give it a whirl.

I used it a couple times for roller hockey because I hated how the traditional tape freyed and rubbed against the sport court. It made handling the puck quite difficult. I like it quite a lot for roller, but stuck with traditional tape for ice. I don't see the need for ice.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Anyone still use Blade Tape or is there anything better out there now than standard tape?

Have never tried this, but I recently saw them on sale for $10 in my area so I figured to give it a whirl.

I still use it. Love the stuff. Recently found some on clearance for $2 a pop and stocked up. Think people don't like that it doesn't cover whole blade. I use hockey tape split down middle to make fit to cover the edge of the blade. Also it can be a bit of a pain if you don't know how to apply it efficiently.

IMHO the only thing better is Liquid hockey tape but that's even less popular and I think they stopped making it.

Next best thing I find is Performance Wax. It's got more grip than regular wax. It's not popular either. Can only find online.

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
It doesn't protect the bottom of the blade from wear at all.

Considering I put one slice of tape just under the blade to protect it before I tape the whole thing, I think this is pretty useless specially if you also play roller hockey and in a bit rough surfaces.

In a month playing roller your blade is finished with this product.

MD56

Feb 2, 2015
If you do, cut the bottom of the tape off. Tape will grab most inline surfaces.

Neh, just do a full tape get out there. After a few shots it'll pick up enough dust from the rink to get rid of any drag. If you're really picky you can take it out to the parking lot and give the bottom of the blade a few swipes back and fourth on the asphalt.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
It doesn't protect the bottom of the blade from wear at all.

Considering I put one slice of tape just under the blade to protect it before I tape the whole thing, I think this is pretty useless specially if you also play roller hockey and in a bit rough surfaces.

In a month playing roller your blade is finished with this product.

I too am concerned about protecting the bottom of my blade so I do it similarly, plus the toe. I do my kids' sticks and these 2 places wear out quickest even with the extra layer.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I'd guess it's great for roller. I tried it for awhile and I came to the conclusion that it is terrible compared to regular tape and wax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad