Blackhawks raise season ticket prices

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think this is the interesting question. How many of the "new" fans are now actual Blackhawks fans and how many were there for the party so to speak. I'm sure it's a mix of both to one degree or another, but time will tell.

There's a certain percentage of fair weather fans, or those people just there for the party so to speak. But how many new fans, or more importantly kids are now Hawks fans for life? There certainly has to be more now then there used to as this generation of kids has grown up with the Blackhawks being great and fun to watch. It's similar to the Jordan era Bulls, when I was younger.

I really need to read things before I post. I repeat things way too much. UGH

I really need to read things before I post. I repeat things way too much. UGH

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
And I think it is a big mistake to price out families. I think they should introduce a “family pack” as other teams have done. 4 tickets at a reduced price and a complementary $50 gift card for concessions..

Most NHL teams have to do that stuff. I remember getting two coronas and a hot dog with my ticket in Tampa. And that was two years ago when the Lightning were playing very well.

5 more years of the core. If the slide continues I would expect to see that kind of promotion in 2020.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Exactly. The Hawks will not have salary cap issues next year. Basically for the first time since the 2010 Cup. :thumbu:

Oh they certainly will have a salary cap issue. Toews plays at 4.5M and makes 10.5 (-6M), Seabs plays at 2.75M and makes 6.75 (-4M), Saad makes 6 and plays at 3.5M (-2.5M), and Kane plays at 8.5M and makes 10.5M (-2M). So... those guys are at -14.5M. That is, they collectively play at -14M under their collective pay. When one team has that massive of a gap between pay and play --- there are problems. That means that the rest of the team must make up for that shortfall and play well above their pay grade --- wildly.

Yes, even if the cap goes up 5M --- that will help --- but not nearly enough. And, it goes up for everyone so any gain there is met by the competition as well. The Hawks desperately need 2 reliable legit top pairing D men --- that will cost 5M a piece, minimum, to get on the FA market (10M total). They need a 1st line forward as well --- again on the open market they will need 5M for that --- at least. To address the needs, the Hawks need some 15M available --- and will not have anywhere near that available --- even with a 5M boost in Cap. Why? The aforementioned contracts that are -14M in the red. If those guys were paid as they produce, the Hawks have $ available to fill holes. A 5M cap boost helps --- but the needs far, far, far exceed what that Cap boost can provide.

A Cap problem is defined as insufficient $ to meet needs. that is exactly where the Hawks will be --- until they can shed a big salary or two.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh they certainly will have a salary cap issue. Toews plays at 4.5M and makes 10.5 (-6M), Seabs plays at 2.75M and makes 6.75 (-4M), Saad makes 6 and plays at 3.5M (-2.5M), and Kane plays at 8.5M and makes 10.5M (-2M). So... those guys are at -14.5M. That is, they collectively play at -14M under their collective pay. When one team has that massive of a gap between pay and play --- there are problems. That means that the rest of the team must make up for that shortfall and play well above their pay grade --- wildly.

Yes, even if the cap goes up 5M --- that will help --- but not nearly enough. And, it goes up for everyone so any gain there is met by the competition as well. The Hawks desperately need 2 reliable legit top pairing D men --- that will cost 5M a piece, minimum, to get on the FA market (10M total). They need a 1st line forward as well --- again on the open market they will need 5M for that --- at least. To address the needs, the Hawks need some 15M available --- and will not have anywhere near that available --- even with a 5M boost in Cap. Why? The aforementioned contracts that are -14M in the red. If those guys were paid as they produce, the Hawks have $ available to fill holes. A 5M cap boost helps --- but the needs far, far, far exceed what that Cap boost can provide.

A Cap problem is defined as insufficient $ to meet needs. that is exactly where the Hawks will be --- until they can shed a big salary or two.

That's with the gigantic assumption that all those players play at the specific level that you randomly chose to assign them again. And the giant assumption that no player takes a step forward, develops, surprises out of camp, or breaks out. So no. I'll pass on ridiculous wild speculation and focus on the real dollars, which indicate there won't be cap issues, as in, the Hawks won't be hard up against the salary cap like years past. And you can have your wild, imaginary, speculation scenario with imaginary money values, and fake made up numbers. :thumbu:

Reactions: Pez68

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Just got this email today. Apparently if I give them the money by Friday I am eligible to maybe win a BIG prize.

So....do ya think they are worried? I think so....

Account ID:
Dear Blackhawks Ticketholder,
As a loyal Chicago Blackhawks Season Ticketholder, we are pleased to offer you the chance to participate in our Renewal Rewards program for the 2018-19 season.
Renew your season tickets by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 16 and you will be eligible to win one of the following*:
• Pair of seats on the glass and pregame dinner with a Blackhawks Alumni for a 2018-19 home game (1 Winner)**
• Personalized Authentic Adidas Chicago Blackhawks Jersey (20 Winners)
• Zamboni Ride during the 2018-19 season (5 Winners)**
• Post-game Meet & Greet with a Blackhawks Player after a 2018-19 home game (5 Winners)**
The deadline to renew your seats for the 2018-19 season is Friday, March 9.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

And what level is Cat or Schmaltz playing at? It goes both ways.

Not saying it will be easy, but it's not impossible.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->