Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Draft F John Hayden

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Somebody posted his profile in the draft day thread, and it was pretty good. I'd repost but I'm on my phone so it becomes difficult.

LandofLincoln*

the kid has size... I like having a few guys like this in the system.. Sure big guys are more hit and miss but I think with the Hayes and this kid... maybe even Beach. We will get a gritty power forward that can be the new Bickell in 2-3 years.

Victory5

Apr 12, 2011
I played with him a few years back.

Very talented kid, skates like a goof, but he has good size and can work down low very well. His speed has to improve a bit, but hes a solid pick.

Happy for him, hope he turns out well for you guys in the future

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Really like this pick for you guys. Wanted the Blues to snag him but it didn't end up happening.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I played with him a few years back.

Very talented kid, skates like a goof, but he has good size and can work down low very well. His speed has to improve a bit, but hes a solid pick.

Happy for him, hope he turns out well for you guys in the future
Blackhawks dont like goofy skaters. Best be looking to spend the off season with a professional skating coach if he has any realistic plans to join the show here.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
great pick on Hayden, kid has the size and skill to be a player. 3 years away imo, but this another great pick for the Hawks... this could turn into a monster draft for the American/Sweden Blackhawks!!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
longterm prospect that gets all the time to develop the next years while the Hawks have time and don't need him on the roster.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Now that Hudson F became pro, anyone know if this big boy will turn pro or play another year at Yale?

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
His development has flattened last year to this year. Less talent on the Yale team as well. He may want to get his degree though. Will be interesting to see what happens as the Hawks need to keep their prospects with so many picks being traded the last couple years. Staying one more year means he could walk after next year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
His development has flattened last year to this year. Less talent on the Yale team as well. He may want to get his degree though. Will be interesting to see what happens as the Hawks need to keep their prospects with so many picks being traded the last couple years. Staying one more year means he could walk after next year.

exactly.

and walking away from a degree from Yale isn't an easy thing to do regardless of him being able to go back.

I think/hope he jumps to the pros as like Fasching I truly feel he will be a better pro than amateur due to work ethic, size, and type of game they can play.'
'

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
exactly.

and walking away from a degree from Yale isn't an easy thing to do regardless of him being able to go back.

I think/hope he jumps to the pros as like Fasching I truly feel he will be a better pro than amateur due to work ethic, size, and type of game they can play.'
'

He has had nothing much to work with at Yale the last year or two. He has been pretty decent defensively this year too. The only reason he would not go pro would be for the degree. Because Yale will not be any better hockey wise next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad