Blackhawks at 2018 World Championships (Kane MVP)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
According to Laz, the wedding is in July. So he likely wants to worry about planning/finalizing plans with his fiance over the next couple months, plus there are bachelor parties, honeymoons, etc.

I don't fault him for any of that. Happy wife, happy life. :thumbu:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Saad also stated that he wants to focus on training. Not sure if he is going to start it in May and I doubt it but hopefully yes! :laugh:

At the moment:

Cat - Schmaltz (will come now I think) - Kane
Kreider - Larkin - Mittelstadt
X - X - X
X - X - X

Leddy (he is deciding) - Murphy
X - X
X - X

Im gonna root for you guys, after Finland of course. ;)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Honestly, why is Saad skipping the WC for his own wedding a big deal? Dude is 25 and getting married, this is far more important than playing in WC.
it wasn't the point, the point was people were unaware of when the wedding was, and if he was "skipping: the WC because the wedding was scheduled in May it looked odd as if the Hawks were in the playoffs, what would he do then..lol...now we know the wedding is later on, so him skipping again is whatever, if there was anyone who could use a positive experience to end the year this was the guy. hopefully the time off helps him and he trains harder for next year. all good.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
it wasn't the point, the point was people were unaware of when the wedding was, and if he was "skipping: the WC because the wedding was scheduled in May it looked odd as if the Hawks were in the playoffs, what would he do then..lol...now we know the wedding is later on, so him skipping again is whatever, if there was anyone who could use a positive experience to end the year this was the guy. hopefully the time off helps him and he trains harder for next year. all good.

I don't disagree. My first thought was the same, and I posted as much. He should be the last guy skipping it this season.

Until we found out he's getting married in July, in which case I completely understand it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I get it with Kane. The more he's on the ice during the off season, the better.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Oesterle in. Schmaltz unlikely given there are 13 forwards already and no sign of Schmaltz.
Yep, no clue why Schmaltz didn't go, this team needed a center badly, loaded on the wings with Anders Lee, Chris Kreider, Alex DeBrincat, Cam Atkinson, Johnny Gaudreau, and Kaner who likely plays some center as well..

Half his teammates are here, very surprised Schmaltz turned this down...he did play last year so I will give him that, but Schmaltz and Keller should be here, this team could win Gold if those 2 came.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
He may be nursing an injury or feels he needs time off.

Or just wants to party. I think it doesn't reflect well on either Schmaltz or Saad that Kane leads and they don't follow. And using your wedding in July as an excuse for not playing in May is just pathetic. Kinda says to me that Saad doesn't wear the pants in his relationship.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Or just wants to party. I think it doesn't reflect well on either Schmaltz or Saad that Kane leads and they don't follow. And using your wedding in July as an excuse for not playing in May is just pathetic. Kinda says to me that Saad doesn't wear the pants in his relationship.

Is this a joke?

It doesn’t reflect poorly at all considering no one except Schmaltz and the Hawks know his situation. His contract does not mandate it and if he/the Hawks feel he is best served taking the time off then so be it.

The last sentence kind of makes you sound like an idiot. We don’t live in the 50’s anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Wow. A lot wrong with this comment. Now I know to not bother taking anything you say seriously in the future.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It'll be nice to see DCat and Kaner getting an early start to their chemistry with future Chicago Blackhawk, Quinn Hughes.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Jokiharju didnt make the team, Marjamäki went with safer players because there was already too many offensive minded Dmen.

Pokka is with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad