Rumor: Blackhawks and Predators deal coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
im just trying to think of something that is a good return.. cause id have to think it would be a pretty damn good return for Hawks to move Hartman. We will see... its bizzare enough as it is that Chicago may move him

I wouldn't expect a "pretty damn good return" from the Preds for Hartman, certainly not our second best defensive prospect (when Poile has to actually pay guys like Josi and Ellis what they are worth, prospects like Fabbro and Carrier may come in handy). I'm not even sure where Hartman would slot onto the team. Maybe on the third line, maybe, but that line is playing very well right now. Fisher is returning and will be on the fourth line, pushing Salomaki out. Salomaki is really the only fourth liner who should be replaced at the moment.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Fair enough. He's not dirty like Shaw. But he takes his fair share of bad/dumb penalties.

I edited my post to include it up above, but when you're an agitator, and playing that role, you're going to take dumb penalties here and there. Think things like him taking a little wack at the back of a guy's legs while they're in behind the play, and things like that. He's trying to get a reaction out of players and draw a penalty as opposed to getting caught taking one. Sometimes he gets caught. It's the role he plays.

But yeah, he's a much more talented Shaw, basically. Minus the stupid dirty plays that get a guy suspended.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I wouldn't expect a "pretty damn good return" from the Preds for Hartman, certainly not our second best defensive prospect (when Poile has to actually pay guys like Josi and Ellis what they are worth, prospects like Fabbro and Carrier may come in handy). I'm not even sure where Hartman would slot onto the team. Maybe on the third line, maybe, but that line is playing very well right now. Fisher is returning and will be on the fourth line, pushing Salomaki out. Salomaki is really the only fourth liner who should be replaced at the moment.

Doesn't matter too much where he slots in this year, he's only 23 and an RFA at year end. This would be a long term move and at the very least he'd be excellent depth this year that can step in on the 3rd or 4th line.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
If I were Poile I'd be wary about bringing in another player who takes dumb penalties. That has been the bane of the team for much of the season. In the playoffs that can absolutely kill a team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

ya that's where id be confused if Hartman was acquired by the Preds... I don't see a roster player being moved for him so then that would have to be a prospect and/or picks. Obviously its not going to be a Tolvanen or Fabbro type prospect but also not going to be a lower end prospect either. We will see. Obviously Preds feel they can win the Cup this year so I can see them moving a good prospect if they feel Hartman is the exact player they need in the lineup. Plus hes so damn young still.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Doesn't matter too much where he slots in this year, he's only 23 and an RFA at year end. This would be a long term move and at the very least he'd be excellent depth this year that can step in on the 3rd or 4th line.

Yeah good points. I still wouldn't do much more than a 2nd for him (which we don't even have).

Jan 21, 2018
It's going to be one of the worst 1sts in the draft.

Would it make you guys feel better if it was a very high 2nd that was involved? Seriously the chances of getting someone as good as Hartman at that pick isn't that high, and obviously you need to pay a bit to get the more proven talent. Hawks banking on selecting someone better (and cheaper cost control obviously), albeit taking the risk of the pick not panning out.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Stupid site keeps crashing and its not even any major trades yet... Im assuming my phone will actually explode due to the massive crash if Karlsson got dealt

Reactions: jls24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad