GDT: BLackhaks @ Golden Knights 9:00PM CT NSCH - L

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You mean guy who went back to Russia and is locked into contract that keeps him away from coming over for at least another year? And is not a sure thing to ever come back?

The negligence from our GM with regard to G position is issue with organization

We saw it last draft as well when he passed on several quality G prospects

Bowman has drafted 7 goalies for f***s sake over his tenure, what more do you want him to do?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bowman has drafted 7 goalies for ****s sake over his tenure, what more do you want him to do?

Outside of Peeters and Simpson they have all been guys in late 6th or 7th round

He puts no value on scouting goalies in draft and passed over numerous G"s thru years who would have been great picks and made sense

And lets not forget Stanley had best goalie prospect in years sitting there for taking and many fans wanted him but Stanley passed and now that guy is best G in NHL and about to win a Vezina

I would also point out that a previous Hawks GM drafted not only our star G but another future allstar in Anderson because he focused on position and invested in it even if it didn't always work out (Munro)

Stanley has yet to draft or sign a UDFA who turned out to be successful #1's in NHL (Darling and Raanta do not look to be #'1 and all the draft picks failed)

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Outside of Peeters and Simpson they have all been guys in late 6th or 7th round

He puts no value on scouting goalies in draft and passed over numerous G"s thru years who would have been great picks and made sense

And lets not forget Stanley had best goalie prospect in years sitting there for taking and many fans wanted him but Stanley passed and now that guy is best G in NHL and about to win a Vezina

I am sorry BWC, I really am.

Look, I love the passion, I just don't get the non stop bashing and hatred.

You said the GM "NEGLECTED" a position...I pointed out that this GM "Stan Bowman...not Stanley" drafted 7 goalies so far in his tenure as a GM...that is right, freaking 7! That is not neglect when it comes to a position you can only roster 2 at a time. He drafted more goalies than the majority of the league did at that time...and now the rounds weren't high enough for you???

Goalies come from all rounds, all picks, the majority from the 3rd round and beyond the past decade.. Bowman didn't need to use a higher pick on a goalie, and why the hell would he, he had a young and capable stud in Crawford locked up for years??? But the two higher round picks he did use them on weren't good enough either...I dont f***ing get it hahahah

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah he's not good anymore but Sharp in the white is still such a glorious sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad