Recalled/Assigned: Bischoff, Hague, Roy, & Sparks down.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wolves are playing tomorrow, so might just be to get a game in, but all of our injured players are at practice.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I wonder if they're going to retroactively LTIR Schmidt. Don't think there's any reason not to at this point.

What would be gained from that? I've read that you can't bank any cap space for an LTIR.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Makes you wonder what they'll do with Roy, and who of Hague/Bischoff will get called up again.

The fact they're all returning at the same time is odd, but very nice.

Roy is better off playing, even if for the Wolves, than being the designated scratch. That said, the risk of making Pirri your goto scratch is you'll have to put him on the ice occasionally.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
What would be gained from that? I've read that you can't bank any cap space for an LTIR.

There's no downside to LTIRing him if you don't use the space.

And LTIRing him before activating Tuch would mean Vegas gets 100% of Schmidt's contract into the LTIR relief pool. If they didn't do so now and down the road determined they had to LTIR Schmidt for space then the LTIR ACSL relief is recalculated from scratch.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

And LTIRing him before activating Tuch would mean Vegas gets 100% of Schmidt's contract into the LTIR relief pool. If they didn't do so now and down the road determined they had to LTIR Schmidt for space then the LTIR ACSL relief is recalculated from scratch.

Ahh, that's assuming Schmidt isn't ready to go, then.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Makes you wonder what they'll do with Roy, and who of Hague/Bischoff will get called up again.

The fact they're all returning at the same time is odd, but very nice.

Hopefully they realize that our 4th line is set and Roy needs to be in the lineup. Roy should never be scratched in favor of a Pirri or Nosek.

A big body who can skate and hit is just what the doctor ordered for that line, making it even more intimidating.

But I would not be at all surprised if we keep players like Roy in the AHL because we are afraid of Pirri being claimed. We just have to hold on to that guy no matter what.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

So they can go 5.95m(less perf. bonuses) above the cap 24 days before the trade deadline?

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Color me confused.

With this assignment, VGK is down to 19 players (on active roster).

There is no notification that Schmidt and/or Tuch have been activated off IR/LTIR. (And the nhl.com/goldenknights roster is a joke - hasn't been kept up to date.)

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
By sending them down, Vegas is now under the cap and is thus able to bank cap space for the end of the season for either trades or performance bonuses (so they don't carry over to next year). Right now they are banking around $6000 per day they are at 19+Tuch+Schmidt+Zykov as their roster. While most of the performance bonuses won't be hit, Engelland has a number of them that likely will. Personally, I hope they all are hit! (he has a bonus for every playoff round Vegas wins)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wings fan who was browsing Cap Friendly and just noticed they have you listed at only 19 players and only 5 defence. Is that really true, if so why? I know you are tight to the cap, but I didn't think it was that bad. I know we had a couple of years at the beginning where we only had 21 or 22 for a decent stretch but never heard of so few.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wings fan who was browsing Cap Friendly and just noticed they have you listed at only 19 players and only 5 defence. Is that really true, if so why? I know you are tight to the cap, but I didn't think it was that bad. I know we had a couple of years at the beginning where we only had 21 or 22 for a decent stretch but never heard of so few.

Because they sent some rookies down to Chicago to get some play over our long break.

Reactions: Oddbob

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
They also have 2 guys who are sounding more likely to come off of IR for their next game in Schmidt and Tuch. Not sure about Subban. If all three are ready that puts us at 21. Probably one of the D will be recalled since we would still only have 6 and Engelland did get dinged in the last game.

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad