GDT: Bingo @ WBS

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo up 2-0 after 2

1. BNG Jessiman, (5) (Benoit, Wiercioch), 13:19 (PP)
2. BNG Silfverberg, (8) (Benoit, Hoffman), 14:15 (PP)

General Granny*

God we have the ugliest breakout, no wonder we give up so many shots, we spend most of time shooting our selves in the foot in our end.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 3-1

3. BNG Wiercioch, (7) (Silfverberg, Da Costa), 16:08

Last edited:

Milan the God*

Do you guys think PW has NHL potential?

Yep. I wasn't impressed with his AHL play until this year. He looks really seasoned. He's been strong offensively and defensively this year. I could see him as a #4-5PMD.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You gotta love how well Silfverberg is adjusting. I had my concerns but no more. I still don't see a star player in him mind you, but the Jere Lehtinen type that was promised seems very plausible at this juncture.

Regarding Patrick Wiercioch and related matters,

Its so easy to see who makes their opinions based on box scores rather than actual viewings. Some of the criticism around this player has been amusing at times and to see him start to produce is a pleasant sight for us beliebers. Now he gets some credit as a guy with 'a future' rather than a forgotten man (just a few weeks ago). He's been a work in progress. That was terribly obvious from the moment he was drafted and was about 6'5 and 180lbs. You don't just grow into that frame over night by natural (or detrimental) means but his talent has always been obvious... if you were watching, that is. I've been watching the guy since his days at DU and from then on I've been giddy about the idea of a 6'5 D with his puck skills and skating ability. Scouting is a projection, not an analysis of who's better in the moment. Wiercioch's strengths are generally those that can't be taught. His weaknesses have mostly been related to strength. It's been easy to project that he'd be where he is right now, at least in my opinion and experience. None of this should be a surprise. He was always NHL bound.

And right now I see the same thing happening on this board that happend to Wiercioch with Mika Zibanejad: knee jerk reactions to numbers and an inability evaluate performances and put them into perspective. The same people bashed PW in the past and MZ now only to gush over them once they like what they see on a stat sheet (also the same people who vote prospects like Borowiecki over him in prospect rankings). Its also why you see absurd hype over players like Rundblad and Silverberg. So, keep Mika in mind when you take a look at Wiercioch's body of work. A mediocre rookie season (while a player is still a teenager) doesn't mean a player is a 'bust'. Look at the progression and what the player is capable of and project where they'll be by the time their NHL club calls on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad