filly - turry - zibby
smith - regin - stone
o'brien - grant - dd

cowen - karlsson
methot - ceci
wier - boro

lehner
bish

stanley cup champions ainec did i stutter?

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
3-1 Syracuse

1. SYR Killorn, (6) (Angelidis, Wyman), 9:35
1. BNG Hoffman, (4) (Da Costa, Benoit), 11:53 (PP)
1. SYR Barberio, (5) (Conacher, Killorn), 19:25
2. SYR Connolly, (10) (Labrie, Korobov), 11:27

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
3-2 after 2

1. SYR Killorn, (6) (Angelidis, Wyman), 9:35
1. BNG Hoffman, (4) (Da Costa, Benoit), 11:53 (PP)
1. SYR Barberio, (5) (Conacher, Killorn), 19:25
2. SYR Connolly, (10) (Labrie, Korobov), 11:27
2. BNG Hoffman, (5) (Silfverberg, Benoit), 18:02 (PP)

Bingo has only had 9 shots in 2 periods

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I think we should drop the deer thing. It was fun but it was not at the beginning of the winning streak and I think we're getting payback for riding its coattails.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
riding-coat-tails.jpg

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
The Crunch were just flat out the better team tonite...........

I did NOT get home to see the 1st period as I was visiting a friend @ a nursing home.

So I saw the last 2 periods Senators were slow & sluggish like last game but worse tonite. Syracuse announcers said the flu bug was going around the Binghamton team. They did look sluggish the last 2 periods that I watched, puck was in Robin's end most of the time.

Robin played well kept them in the game, but when the puck is in your end all nite not much more that Robin could of done. Even with that he gave the Sens a chance to steal a point and that would have been robbery tonite.

With Mark Borowiecki, and Patrick Wiercioch out on the Blue line Sen's are not the same Defense they had to start the season by a long shot........

On the plus side Mike Hoffman had 2 goals hope this gets him going....... Also the PP scored 2 goals tonite.

Pains me to say this the Crunch have a dam good team this year. Reminds me of 40 yrs ago when the Blazers were just better than the Duster teams back then. God how the Blazers used to just beat on the Duster team 40 yrs ago....

Something about Syracuse just never liked them 40 yrs ago and I sure as Hell don't like them now. They say time heals all wounds that's BS I will never like any Syracuse team ever................

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I did NOT get home to see the 1st period as I was visiting a friend @ a nursing home.

So I saw the last 2 periods Senators were slow & sluggish like last game but worse tonite. Syracuse announcers said the flu bug was going around the Binghamton team. They did look sluggish the last 2 periods that I watched, puck was in Robin's end most of the time.

Robin played well kept them in the game, but when the puck is in your end all nite not much more that Robin could of done. Even with that he gave the Sens a chance to steal a point and that would have been robbery tonite.

With Mark Borowiecki, and Patrick Wiercioch out on the Blue line Sen's are not the same Defense they had to start the season by a long shot........

On the plus side Mike Hoffman had 2 goals hope this gets him going....... Also the PP scored 2 goals tonite.

Pains me to say this the Crunch have a dam good team this year. Reminds me of 40 yrs ago when the Blazers were just better than the Duster teams back then. God how the Blazers used to just beat on the Duster team 40 yrs ago....

Something about Syracuse just never liked them 40 yrs ago and I sure as Hell don't like them now. They say time heals all wounds that's BS I will never like any Syracuse team ever................

But do they have as many injuries as the B-Sens?

Cowen, Zibanejad, Petersson, Wiercioch, Borowiecki... Is it all?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
DaCosta and Silfverberg are just on another level compared to all the other players. DaCosta even at times looks more effective than Silfverberg due to his skating and uncanny passing ability.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Syracuse is basically the same team that tore the league apart last year. Even with some team's influx of young talent, they should be favourites to win the Calder Cup.

Although it's a bit worrisome that the B-Sens can never control a game, relying on terrific goaltending and opportunistic goal-scoring most games.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
DaCosta and Silfverberg are just on another level compared to all the other players. DaCosta even at times looks more effective than Silfverberg due to his skating and uncanny passing ability.

This is true (although I don't know about the skating part). Da Costa's just a quietly dangerous player. Like a more offensive Winnie. Silf is flashier but he relies a bit heavily on lower percentage shots from a distance.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
This is true (although I don't know about the skating part). Da Costa's just a quietly dangerous player. Like a more offensive Winnie. Silf is flashier but he relies a bit heavily on lower percentage shots from a distance.

I absolutely love DaCostas game but I don't think he, in any way, resembles winchester. I would say he is more like a young Adam Oates.

General Granny*

I don't get where people get the impression of Silfverberg being a flashy player, if you watched his highlights from last season at the SEL, you will see that all of his goals were just deadly rippers, he doesn't deke and blow past people, he's a lot like Alfie where he's very smart and knows where to be on the ice and puts up points, and like Alfie he has an awesome shot.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
I don't get where people get the impression of Silfverberg being a flashy player, if you watched his highlights from last season at the SEL, you will see that all of his goals were just deadly rippers, he doesn't deke and blow past people, he's a lot like Alfie where he's very smart and knows where to be on the ice and puts up points, and like Alfie he has an awesome shot.

Agreed, he's not flashy whatsoever, he's just good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Always has a hard on for Da Costa, the kid's passing is unreal.

It's a shame Turris is better than him (for Da Costa, no the OTT Senators) because I think if Da Costa really bulks up he coul be a top 6 player in the NHL.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It'll be interested to see how things develop. Would DaCosta be able to transfer to the wing? I think he can but his passing ability and vision could be most effective at the center position. He is also strong defensively with that active stick. Could be best used as a huge bargaining chip for a trade but let's hope things work out well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad