B-Sens Bingo 2016-2017 Season Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calorissi

Jan 16, 2004
Manotick
The Belle Sens should be a better team or at least a younger and more exciting team next year.

Noteworthy additions:
Starting in net there is highly touted Swedish prospect Marcus Hogberg.

On Defence there is the newly signed Chirstian Jaros 6'3" 201.
There is also a good chance that Ben Harpur is back in Belleville at least to start the season and he only got better last year as the year went on.
You may also see Chabot there for a while at the start of the season.

On offense:
It would surprise me if Colin White doesn't start there and maybe play 20-40 games in BVille.
Filip Chaplik coming off his breakout 91 pt season with Charletown in the Q.
I would think that Filip Ahl will likely be in BVille this coming year as well.

I also expect Francis Perron will have a more pronounced role and he will improve his game dramatically this year as well.

Who have I missed?

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
The Belle Sens should be a better team or at least a younger and more exciting team next year.

Noteworthy additions:
Starting in net there is highly touted Swedish prospect Marcus Hogberg.

On Defence there is the newly signed Chirstian Jaros 6'3" 201.
There is also a good chance that Ben Harpur is back in Belleville at least to start the season and he only got better last year as the year went on.
You may also see Chabot there for a while at the start of the season.

On offense:
It would surprise me if Colin White doesn't start there and maybe play 20-40 games in BVille.
Filip Chaplik coming off his breakout 91 pt season with Charletown in the Q.
I would think that Filip Ahl will likely be in BVille this coming year as well.

I also expect Francis Perron will have a more pronounced role and he will improve his game dramatically this year as well.

Who have I missed?

Perron is the big one, I expect him to break out in his 2nd year pro like Hoffman did

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would love to see whoever coaches the Sens in Bellville next season move Paul back to centre & hopefully turn him into a good two way centre who might turn into a decent bottom six centre for Ottawa soon. Hey, Erkamps is also a right shot. I'm guessing that it's quite likely that Bellville will add some new players & maybe not re-sign some players & maybe a couple of these new young guys could find themselves in the ECHL.

Varone - Paul - Akeson
Perron - White - Bailey
Ahl - Chlapik - Gagne
McCormick - Dunn - Blunden

Chabot - Harpur
Englund - Jaros
Donaghey - Sieloff
Lajoie - Erkamps

Dreidger - MOC/Hogberg
- I could see MOC potentially traded maybe even at the draft.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would love to see whoever coaches the Sens in Bellville next season move Paul back to centre & hopefully turn him into a good two way centre who might turn into a decent bottom six centre for Ottawa soon. Hey, Erkamps is also a right shot. I'm guessing that it's quite likely that Bellville will add some new players & maybe not re-sign some players & maybe a couple of these new young guys could find themselves in the ECHL.

Varone - Paul - Akeson
Perron - White - Bailey
Ahl - Chlapik - Gagne

Chabot - Harpur
Englund - Jaros
Donaghey - Sieloff
Lajoie - Erkamps

Dreidger - MOC/Hogberg

There are quite a few RFAs at this time who may play in Bellville:
Mat O'Connor
Casey Bailey,
Patrick Sieloff
Chris Driedger
Phil Varone
Ryan Rupert
Max McCormick
Brandon Gormley

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
There are quite a few RFAs at this time who may play in Bellville:
Mat O'Connor
Casey Bailey,
Patrick Sieloff
Chris Driedger
Phil Varone
Ryan Rupert
Max McCormick
Brandon Gormley

Bailey - UFA6
Varone - UFA6
McCormick - UFA6
Gormley - UFA6

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Varone - Paul - Akeson
Perron - White - Bailey
Ahl - Chlapik - Gagne

Chabot - Harpur
Englund - Jaros
Donaghey - Sieloff
Lajoie - Erkamps

Dreidger - MOC/Hogberg

That's a really good upgrade to the talent pool if they could ice this group.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Really looking forward to the upcoming season! A local news outlet posted pictures of how renovations are coming along in the Yardmen Arena.
http://www.quintenews.com/2017/06/photos-rink-view/149271/

It may look like a mess now but the VP of the Belleville Sens says that it will be ready in time for the beginning of November and all home games will be played here (no home games in neighboring communities).

Personally speaking, I'm really looking forward to not only finally seeing some great high-level hockey in Belleville once again, but also AHL hockey and seeing the difference from OHL.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Benoit Groulx's Crunch is leading 2-1 in the AHL Finals in his first year behind the bench. Not an elite team by any means talent-wise. They had 1 more win than Bingo last year.

Dorion failed in a big way by not going after him in the offseason. It was an obvious choice with many local connections and some serious NHL potential. He even speaks French lol.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Benoit Groulx's Crunch is leading 2-1 in the AHL Finals in his first year behind the bench. Not an elite team by any means talent-wise. They had 1 more win than Bingo last year.

Dorion failed in a big way by not going after him in the offseason. It was an obvious choice with many local connections and some serious NHL potential. He even speaks French lol.

Again, he may have went after him but Groulx chose Syracuse..

I mean Syracuse has much better talent anyways. And with John Cooper on the hot seat in Tampa (if they get off to a bad start or miss the playoffs he could easily be fired) , Groulx may have seen it as the quickest/best way to the NHL. Especially with us just hiring Boucher, hes not going anywhere for a few years..

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

Sounds like Dorion did go after him.

I'm pretty sure he just chose Syracuse over Binghamton.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Looks like we got Steve Stirlings replacement after his promotion..

Paul Boutilier, most recently with Saint John, is the new assistant..

He did great work with Chabot!

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Great hire. This guy does wonders with young dmen and worked for Nashville too.

Chabot, Harpur, Englund, Jaros, will all benefit. Hope he gets some time with Claesson, Boro, Wideman as well, even Ceci. Really looking forward to see what Englund and Jaros bring this fall. We know Chabot, Harpur will press for sure. I hope all four spend time with the Sens at some point this year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I seem to remember, back in the Belleville Bulls days, their arena had unusual dimensions. Didn't they have olympic-sized ice at one point?

Erkdajerk

Sep 11, 2010
I seem to remember, back in the Belleville Bulls days, their arena had unusual dimensions. Didn't they have olympic-sized ice at one point?

The renovations at Yardmen arena include converting the Olympic-sized surface to a standard North American size. No doubt that also helps increase the seating capacity.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
The Minnesota Wild have re-signed centre Pat Cannone to a one-year, two-way contract. Cannone made his NHL debut last season for the Wild and appeared in three games.

Way to go Pistol Pat for hanging in there! Now if only Keller could come out of retirement.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Assuming they're done adding for Belleville I guess it'll look something like:

DiDomenico - Reinhart - Blunden
Paul - Sexton - White
Perron - Chlapik - McCormick
Gagne - Flanagan - Randall

Harpur - Burgdoerfer
Englund - Jaros
Sieloff - Erkamps
Murray