B-Sens Bingo 2015-16 Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Who's back next year?

O'Conner and Dreidger (Hogberg if he comes over)

Englund, Claesson (with Sens?), Harpur, ?

Assuming Puempel, Dzingel, Paul stay with the Sens

Robinson, Ewanyk, McCormick, Akeson, Varone ? Perron, White if he's signed

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Kevin Morris released from PTO ☺☻☺

04/09/2016

Kevin Morris (F)
Binghamton DEL
Released from PTO

Just a filler to put on the roster for a game......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Phil Varone returned by Ottawa ☺☻☺

04/09/2016

Phil Varone (C)
Binghamton ADD
Returned on loan from
Ottawa (NHL

Via the AHL website.....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Who's back next year?

O'Conner and Dreidger (Hogberg if he comes over)

Englund, Claesson (with Sens?), Harpur, ?

Assuming Puempel, Dzingel, Paul stay with the Sens

Robinson, Ewanyk, McCormick, Akeson, Varone ? Perron, White if he's signed

I'm not so sure which of these guys Chlapik, White, Gagné, Wikstrand, Jaros, Shore & Baillargeon will be coming for next season. Hogberg I believe has another yr in Sweden & I would guess that both Dzingel & Puempel should be in Ottawa to start next yr. This would be my guess based on who is an RFA & who is coming back in no particular order. I doubt they bring back any of the UFAs but who knows until it is announced. Lots of things could change before the start of next season.

Karenen - Varone - Akeson - good top line
Perron - Paul - Casey - I think Paul could start the yr in Bingo
McCormick - Chlapik - Robinson - I expect Shore could be a surprise in Bingo
Ewanyk - Shore - Zortini/Duirzynski - DD may not be back
Gagné - Dunn - Baillergeon - Rupert

Wikstrand - Rutkowski - very young looking defence, maybe they will sign more vets
Harpur - Donaghey
Englund - Tansey
Leduc - Erkamps/Jaros

Dreidger - O'Connor - these two will need some help defensively

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah, defense looks suspect at best...
Rutkowski, Harpur and Tansey are borderline AHLers.
Donaghey and Erkamps will probably have to start in ECHL.
Wikstrand ain't coming.
Englund and Jaros never played on small ice and Jaros might not even come.
Leduc is good.
A couple of veterans are definitely needed.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I'm not so sure which of these guys Chlapik, White, Gagné, Wikstrand, Jaros, Shore & Baillargeon will be coming for next season. Hogberg I believe has another yr in Sweden & I would guess that both Dzingel & Puempel should be in Ottawa to start next yr. This would be my guess based on who is an RFA & who is coming back in no particular order. I doubt they bring back any of the UFAs but who knows until it is announced. Lots of things could change before the start of next season.

Wikstrand - Rutkowski - very young looking defence, maybe they will sign more vets
Harpur - Donaghey
Englund - Tansey
Leduc - Erkamps/Jaros

"Aragorn":

I do NOT think that Rutkowski will be resigned as he is a RFA as he is now a 3rd yr pro.....

He has had his 3 yrs and I think it is time to bring in another young prospect, Rutkowski struggled down here as he spent most of his time @ the lower level.....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
"Aragorn":

I do NOT think that Rutkowski will be resigned as he is a RFA as he is now a 3rd yr pro.....

He has had his 3 yrs and I think it is time to bring in another young prospect, Rutkowski struggled down here as he spent most of his time @ the lower level.....

Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me if he is not re-signed but they will need to bring in some veteran defencemen, looking at that list there are too many young players & first yr defencemen, don't you think? At the very least Rut has 3 yrs experience down there although as you say most of it was in the ECHL. I feel sorry for the goalies with that defence, they will see a lot of rubber next season unless they bring in some vets I think. They are going to have trouble putting up pts from the blue line too. Could be another tough yr down there Zeke, hope not for your sake. Stay well my friend.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Anyone know why Paul and Dzingel were not sent down with the other guys today? Are they considered NHLers now?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Ben Harpur returned by Ottawa☺☻☺

04/11/2016

Ben Harpur (D)
Binghamton ADD
Returned on loan from
Ottawa (NHL)

Via the AHL website.....

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
04/11/2016 Ben Harpur (D) Binghamton ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)
04/11/2016 Buddy Robinson (LW) Binghamton ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)
04/11/2016 Matt Puempel (LW) Binghamton ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Harpur - Donaghey
Englund - Tansey
Leduc - Erkamps/Jaros

This is probably fairly close to what we'll see. A few notes though, Chlapik won't be eligible. He'll be back in the Q. Don't think Ewanyk will be re-signed. Baillergeon won't be signed. Gagne is eligible but if they want him back for an overage year, I think that's the place for him to be. Rutkowski will be gone. Karenen is more than likely gone. If Wikstrand is in NA, he'll be in the NHL (not saying he deserves it, but that's the only way he's coming). No reason for Jaros to leave Sweden yet. He can take his time there.

Paul-Varone-Akeson
Perron-Casey-Robinson
McCormick-Shore-Stortini
Rupert
Dunn (likely ECHL)

Harpur-Leduc
Englund-Donaghey
Tansey-Erkamps

O'Connor
Dreidger

I expect we'll have White in there. Think he'll sign and start in Bingo and take that spot Robinson is in. Possible that Lazar starts in the AHL if we have to protect Dzingel or Puempel from waivers otherwise one of them is probably dealt, my guess Puempel for a late round pick in this draft.

There's obviously room there for some veteran signings, particularly on defense. Hope we see a guy like Caggiula there as well. Also room to maybe sway a guy like Puempel for a younger forward prospect if another team is interested.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Much better looking line up than this year. The youth movement should continue with this draft as well. Really curious to see what Varone and Akeson can do; Perron as well. And yes, bring on White.

Too bad Chabot has to go back to Junior if he does not crack the roster. He's beyond the Q I think.

tenpinsplit

Nov 9, 2005
Binghamton
"#10pinsplit":

I could live with that, although I would like a better "D" down here, to support our 2 young goaltenders.....

he will never be in the nhl, but he is good enough to be an anchor vet in the ahl. no way we can go into next year with Leduc being the only seasoned defenseman on the roster.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
he will never be in the nhl, but he is good enough to be an anchor vet in the ahl. no way we can go into next year with Leduc being the only seasoned defenseman on the roster.

#10PinSplit":

I agree on "D" man Guillaume Lepine I also doubt that he will ever get to the NHL. Lepine gives you what he has on the ice is more of a stay at home guy.... Perhaps my earlier post was misinterpreted what I mean is that I would like a stronger D as a unit to protect our 2 young goalies more.... I would want Lepine back also + he is on an AHL contract.....

As for Leduc to me he is a giveaway machine who coughs the puck up way too much, IF it was up to me I would not resign him as he will be a RFA next season...... But I do NOT make those decisions....

After the season is over I will have a yr end report and my recommendations on who to resign and who to let go........

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is probably fairly close to what we'll see. A few notes though, Chlapik won't be eligible. He'll be back in the Q. Don't think Ewanyk will be re-signed. Baillergeon won't be signed. Gagne is eligible but if they want him back for an overage year, I think that's the place for him to be. Rutkowski will be gone. Karenen is more than likely gone. If Wikstrand is in NA, he'll be in the NHL (not saying he deserves it, but that's the only way he's coming). No reason for Jaros to leave Sweden yet. He can take his time there.

Paul-Varone-Akeson
Perron-Casey-Robinson
McCormick-Shore-Stortini
Rupert
Dunn (likely ECHL)

Harpur-Leduc
Englund-Donaghey
Tansey-Erkamps

O'Connor
Dreidger

I expect we'll have White in there. Think he'll sign and start in Bingo and take that spot Robinson is in. Possible that Lazar starts in the AHL if we have to protect Dzingel or Puempel from waivers otherwise one of them is probably dealt, my guess Puempel for a late round pick in this draft.

There's obviously room there for some veteran signings, particularly on defense. Hope we see a guy like Caggiula there as well. Also room to maybe sway a guy like Puempel for a younger forward prospect if another team is interested.

Good post & all possible. My only issue with your lineup, is that I think Paul will play centre in Bingo as he did last yr. I think the organization want more size down the middle & he has plenty of that & Bingo is the place he needs to be to play centre & prepare himself for playing centre some day in the NHL maybe as soon as next season.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton at Albany 04.13.2016 ☺☻☺

Binghamton at Albany
Times Union Center
Apr 13, 2016

1st Period-1, Albany, Boucher 18 5:06 (SH). Penalties-Rupert Bng (hooking), 1:39; Helgeson Alb (slashing), 4:04; Ewanyk Bng (high-sticking), 14:40.

P#1. A So So period Binghamton has had a hard time in this rink this season scoring only one (1) goal in 3 games here this season..... Varone coughs the puck up at the blue line on the PP.... Boucher picks the puck up and scores his 18th of the season on a SH breakaway.....
Shots 13-10 Albany
Score after 1st 1-0 Devils.

2nd Period-2, Albany, Blandisi 8 (Boucher, Sislo), 12:59. Penalties-Lappin Alb (holding), 2:58; Trecapelli Bng (holding), 7:59.

P#2. All Albany this period the ice is tilted... The Devils score again Blandisi gets his 8th of the season it was just a matter of time. It is all the Senators can do to get the puck out of their own end...
Shots 15-5 Albany
Score 2-0 Devils.

3rd Period-3, Binghamton, Harpur 2 (Varone), 8:09. Penalties-Mozik Alb (slashing), 4:00; Carlisle Bng (holding), 6:59; O’Brien Alb (high-sticking), 8:05; Varone Bng (hooking), 8:14; Carlisle Bng (boarding), 10:32; Rupert Bng (tripping), 13:20; Lappin Alb (slashing), 15:32.

P#3. B. Harpur scores for Binghamton on as Grady called it a fluke goal, he let it go from the blueline and somehow it went in off a Devils glove..... The goal broke a goalless streak of 2:09:43 for Binghamton this season in this building.... Rest of period same old Binghamton keeps going to the bin and as almost always getting out shot by a wide margin...
Shots on Goal:
Binghamton 10-5-9-24. Albany 13-15-13-41.
Final score Albany 2 Binghamton 1.

Three Stars:
1. ALB - R. Boucher
2. BNG - C. Driedger
3. ALB - S. Wedgewood
Scratches:
Kyle Flanagan injured
Zack Stortini injured
Kevin Tansey healthy
Mark Fraser injured

Up next Hershey visits Binghamton for the final home game on Friday April 15th 2016.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Hershey @ Bingo

1-1 after 1

1. BNG McCormick, (14) (Bailey, Akeson), 19:03

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 4-2

2. BNG Puempel, (16) (Akeson, Varone), 9:45
3. BNG Rupert, (12) (McCormick, Bailey), 1:14
3. BNG Varone, (19) (Bailey, Puempel), 19:00 (EN

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hershey at Binghamton Final Home Game ☻☺☻

Hershey at Binghamton
Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena
Apr 15, 2016

1st Period-1, Hershey, Sill 8 (Collins, Stanton), 14:36. 2, Binghamton, McCormick 14 (Bailey, Akeson), 19:03. Penalties-Rupert Bng (holding), 9:12; McCormick Bng (cross-checking), 11:35.

P#1. The Bears are dressing their total playoff lineup tonite.... Sill catches a College D-man
"Trecapelli" standing still & blows by him gets alone in front and finishes... McCormick pushes in a rebound that went high in the air off Ellis's blocker off his back then McCormick finishes..... Hobbs got the post 5 min in, Bears hit iron 2 times in the period....
Shots 12-8 Sens
Score after 1st. tied 1-1.

2nd Period-3, Hershey, Barber 25 (Camper), 1:05. 4, Binghamton, Puempel 16 (Akeson, Varone), 9:45. Penalties-O'Brien Her (tripping), 1:42; Harpur Bng (tripping), 5:45; Lewington Her (tripping, unsportsmanlike conduct, fighting), 11:28; Robinson Bng (instigating, fighting, misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct), 11:28; Harpur Bng (holding), 14:52; Mitchell Her (hooking), 17:24.

P#2. Barber scores his 25 for the Bears kid has skill.... Puempel finishes on a nice pass from Akeson down low to tie the game..... Lewington drags a leg big time a dirty play sending Akeson ass over tea cup dam that had to hurt, Buddy goes after him as he should have.... Ref gives Buddy the instigating minor and of course the 10 misconduct piss poor call......
Shots 13-7 Binghamton
Score after 2nd. 2-2 tie.

3rd Period-5, Binghamton, Rupert 12 (McCormick, Bailey), 1:14. 6, Binghamton, Varone 19 (Bailey, Puempel), 19:00 (EN). Penalties-Tuzzolino Bng (hooking), 5:55; Ellis Her (interference), 9:30; McCormick Bng (tripping), 11:35; Mitchell Her (misconduct - abuse of officials), 19:00.

P#3. Rupert finishes from down low on a pass from McCormick.... Varone ends it with a min left with the EN goal.... Binghamton gave all that they had tonite I wish they would of done that more times this season... I thought the ref called a poor game tonite, I had to get on his ass 2-3 times, not that I mind getting on them, when they deserve it...
Shots on Goal
Hershey 8-7-7-22.
Binghamton 12-13-5-30.
Rare as the Sens outshoot their opponent tonite...
Final score
Hershey 2
Binghamton 4
Sens gave the Bears all they wanted tonite, as Hershey was going with their top lineup as game meant playoff rankings to the Bears... They got more than they expected tonite from Binghamton....
Three Stars:
1. BNG - C. Bailey
2. BNG - M. McCormick
3. BNG - R. Rupert
Scratches:
Kyle Flanagan injured
DD injured
Zack Stortini injured
Mark Fraser injured

That was the final home game for Binghamton, next up they travel to Utica on Sunday for a 3 PM start, that will be the final game of the season......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->