Binghamton Devils

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Well, the main logos are better than the concept horned B that was floating around, but not by much. The trident works well as a shoulder patch, but I wouldn't want it as a cap logo. (The B would've been decent in that capacity.) The trident might work as a crest on a white alternate jersey, not so sure about a red alternate. A black alternate could work, or it could be a disaster. I'm undecided as to whether they should've gone with the devil head/wordmark combo logo as their crest or if the devil head alone was the right choice.

(And it's too bad they couldn't have been this creative with designing the Albany Devils' assets. Frankly, I'm a bit jealous.)

Rowdy...If I'm not mistaken the staff who designed the new stuff is the old sens staff up there. So they wouldn't have had the chance to design anything in albany.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Well, the main logos are better than the concept horned B that was floating around, but not by much. The trident works well as a shoulder patch, but I wouldn't want it as a cap logo. (The B would've been decent in that capacity.) The trident might work as a crest on a white alternate jersey, not so sure about a red alternate. A black alternate could work, or it could be a disaster. I'm undecided as to whether they should've gone with the devil head/wordmark combo logo as their crest or if the devil head alone was the right choice.

(And it's too bad they couldn't have been this creative with designing the Albany Devils' assets. Frankly, I'm a bit jealous.)

See I actually liked the B Devil concept logo. The team while in Albany could have been, and should have been the River Rats. The B Devil logo looked better then the previous letter brands IMO. The B Devil at least didn't look so cartoonist. Minor league us okay but it's semi pro at best, the FHL has some better logos. The local group in Binghamton came up with this, the NJ Devils I am sure had to just approve it or not.

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
See I actually liked the B Devil concept logo. The team while in Albany could have been, and should have been the River Rats. The B Devil logo looked better then the previous letter brands IMO. The B Devil at least didn't look so cartoonist. Minor league us okay but it's semi pro at best, the FHL has some better logos. The local group in Binghamton came up with this, the NJ Devils I am sure had to just approve it or not.

I'm not saying I didn't like the concept logo, just that I like these better. The thing with the horned B, like the horned A and U before it, is that while it was very clean and classic-feeling, it lacked creativity as it was derivative of the NJ Devils logo. The Lowell Devils tried to counter this by adding a devil to the logo, and it didn't work. They'd have been better served by simply putting the horned L over a circle like the NJ and U before them. Derivative, but clean (and would've looked better on the jerseys, especially the red one).

At any rate, this Binghamton set is... not bad. I suppose I can't criticize much because I don't know what I would have done better. It's a solid effort, but it feels like it's lacking something, I just can't figure out what.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Although I admire some creativity in logo design which sets it apart from the parent club I have always thought the logos in Binghamton by far have been awful. The best logos to come out of any team in Binghamton IMO are the Broome Dusters. Another one I think makes a great logo was the old Binghamton Whalers. The Dusters were a club sporting an original logo of their own, while the B-Whaler just was simple and it just worked. Rangers, BC Icemen, Senators, and now the Devils IMO are pretty bland with no appeal. I expected better from the local group, lost opportunity.

HWP1997

Nov 2, 2016
Looks like a robot, the team should be called the Binghamton Devil Bots lol..... Not that I am a fan of going boring and plain using the U-Devil, L-Devil, and the A-Devil but the plump B-Devil concept logo looks better. The Devil Bot logo is funny looking.

It's the robot devil from Futurama lol

1056838-devil_2.jpg

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
It's the robot devil from Futurama lol

1056838-devil_2.jpg

OMG lol that is so freaking funny! That's why I said Devil Bot, the silver full face helmet and the horns. I thought the B-Devil concept logo just gave it a weighty professional look to it. The logo they chose is so semi pro at best. The B-Devil logo looked pretty good considering the Devils letter logos in Utica, Lowell, and Albany were awful with no creativity.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
OMG lol that is so freaking funny! That's why I said Devil Bot, the silver full face helmet and the horns. I thought the B-Devil concept logo just gave it a weighty professional look to it. The logo they chose is so semi pro at best. The B-Devil logo looked pretty good considering the Devils letter logos in Utica, Lowell, and Albany were awful with no creativity.

You contradict yourself over and over.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
It's minor league hockey, who wants a boring Letter logo?

Give me this new logo and others like the Crunch.

"Dominion"

Minor league hockey needs their own identity as parent teams come and go....... As every agreement has an out clause...... Makes no sense to have the same name as the current parent team does it?????

The local team should have their own name................

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
It's minor league hockey, who wants a boring Letter logo?

Give me this new logo and others like the Crunch.

You defended the Devils doing the stupid A-Devils letter logo while in Albany. The River Rats name and logo in Albany should have been a no brainer. Your so blinded by red I guess it didn't matter what Albany preferred???? Paint the town red philosophy only goes so far. Whatever the case the only ones that have to like it are the Southern Tier fans. With hockey out of Elmira for next season, fresh new team, Binghamton should do okay next season. Elmira's departure will help, just as Albany's AHL departure should help the ECHL Thunder.

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
No contradictions whatsoever. Do you know what contradiction means? I said the Devils previous letter logos (Utica, Lowell, then Albany, even in NJ) have all sucked. The only one I liked was the concept logo floating around online. Its pretty simple to understand.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pRHKtakFuPA/maxresdefault.jpg

It's a contradiction because the B was the exact same thing as its predecessors: a red letter with horns and a tail stuck on it. What was so special about the B that earned your praise while the others only received scorn? Serious question; I truly don't understand your thought process here.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
"Dominion"

Minor league hockey needs their own identity as parent teams come and go....... As every agreement has an out clause...... Makes no sense to have the same name as the current parent team does it?????

The local team should have their own name................

These are not a true statements. The AHL team owned by the NHL club do not have parent clubs come and go. And that is now a lot of the teams. And the only "out clause" in those relationships is selling the franchise.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
These are not a true statements. The AHL team owned by the NHL club do not have parent clubs come and go. And that is now a lot of the teams. And the only "out clause" in those relationships is selling the franchise.

"Hawk":

You accuse me of making a false statement??????

AHL teams that have local ownership have parent teams that come and go, and those agreements do have out clauses, no matter what you say??????

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
It's a contradiction because the B was the exact same thing as its predecessors: a red letter with horns and a tail stuck on it. What was so special about the B that earned your praise while the others only received scorn? Serious question; I truly don't understand your thought process here.

Another person I have to "educate" on my post. First, these are opinions of mine based on what I like. Like your posts or Devils Dominion's posts we are not talking about gospel. I "personally" do not like the previous lackluster letter logos. The concept letter B-Devils logo I liked. I thought it was done with good graphics, good colors, good curves, simple as that. Because I said I don't like the previous letter logos, I thought the "B" was nicer looking. Boston Bruins have a simple letter logo IMO that works to.

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
Another person I have to "educate" on my post. First, these are opinions of mine based on what I like. Like your posts or Devils Dominion's posts we are not talking about gospel. I "personally" do not like the previous lackluster letter logos. The concept letter B-Devils logo I liked. I thought it was done with good graphics, good colors, good curves, simple as that. Because I said I don't like the previous letter logos, I thought the "B" was nicer looking. Boston Bruins have a simple letter logo IMO that works to.

Now you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. I don't have the patience to deal with this tomfoolery, so I'll leave you to your delusions that there's any sort of difference between the proposed red horned letter logo and the actual
red horned letter logos that came before it.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Now you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. I don't have the patience to deal with this tomfoolery, so I'll leave you to your delusions that there's any sort of difference between the proposed red horned letter logo and the actual
red horned letter logos that came before it.

I don't like the Devil Bot logo, I did like the "concept" B Devil logo, it's just that simple, there is no science behind it or no grand delusions. It's like looking at a woman, out of five there may be two or three you find attractive lol.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
"Hawk":

You accuse me of making a false statement??????

AHL teams that have local ownership have parent teams that come and go, and those agreements do have out clauses, no matter what you say??????

Every agreement does not have an out clause as those that own their AHL have an agreement and many of those will not have an out clause. Minor league hockey does not need their own identity if they are owned by their NHL team and those parent teams do not come and go so your making blanket statements makes them false. Qualify the statement sand they would be true.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Did the Senators not own their AHL franchise when in Binghamton? I read that they just purchased the franchise. I was under the impression the Send owned the team and decided to relocate. If the local people in Binghamton owned the franchise and they were doing ok financial wise then why sell to the Senators? They must have paid a pretty penny to the Binghamton group, enough so as to allow the Binghamton group to make the deal with the Devils. The big question though is why sell? You could have just affiliated with the Devils or perhaps Vegas. Binghamton must have direct flights to Vegas, Albany does.

http://arenadigest.com/2017/08/02/belleville-senators-building-anticipation-debut/

Skeeze

Nov 25, 2016
Did the Senators not own their AHL franchise when in Binghamton? I read that they just purchased the franchise. I was under the impression the Send owned the team and decided to relocate. If the local people in Binghamton owned the franchise and they were doing ok financial wise then why sell to the Senators? They must have paid a pretty penny to the Binghamton group, enough so as to allow the Binghamton group to make the deal with the Devils. The big question though is why sell? You could have just affiliated with the Devils or perhaps Vegas. Binghamton must have direct flights to Vegas, Albany does.

http://arenadigest.com/2017/08/02/belleville-senators-building-anticipation-debut/

The Binghamton Senators were locally-owned from their inception in 2002 until they were sold to Ottawa earlier this year.

With Ottawa wanting to move the team north of the border, I'm sure they paid a premium to obtain the franchise. No idea why the local group wanted to sell, but I have a feeling they saw the successful model that was being used in Utica, and thought it made sense for them here as well. NJ really wanted to be here, and didn't seem inclined to sell their franchise, so it works for both parties.

Direct flights from Binghamton to Vegas? Hahahahahahahahaha, that's a good one. The only direct flights from Binghamton are to Detroit. Its a regional airport, with only Delta operating currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad