Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
0-0 late in the 2nd. 24-22 shots in favor of rochester.

Coleman with 5 sog's, ov2 with 3. Appleby in net.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Nice come-from-behind win. The A-Devs aren't even missing that many guys - they didn't play Blandisi, and Wood and Santini are gone from the early-season roster, but they've also added Auvitu and Lappin. Wedgewood's the big loss but Appelby has filled in capably.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Lappin, Thomson, Stollery with G's. Stollery Q, Gazdic, Mozik, Camper, with A's.

Lappin scored game winner at 19:14 of the 3rd. PP goal.

Coleman 6 sog's, Rooney 4, Stollery 4(1st star?). A-Dev's with 35-30 shot adv. Appleby with the W.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nice come-from-behind win. The A-Devs aren't even missing that many guys - they didn't play Blandisi, and Wood and Santini are gone from the early-season roster, but they've also added Auvitu and Lappin. Wedgewood's the big loss but Appelby has filled in capably.

Has Auvitu been an actual help though?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ov2 Santini pairing would be dynamic

It would be

On the NHL team!:yo:

I really wish Auvitu was still up with the big club.
With as much rope as we gave to another ''Older'' European league player in Kalinin, I'm not sure why we don't give Auvitu some more.

He definitely makes some bad/risky plays on D, much like Brent Burns (he's not as good as Burns by any means, just a good comparison with his risky style) does. He's also been very good at the transition and we were playing our best possession game of the year when he looked good early on. It just wasn't translating to points much. I think he needs more leash, I also think Mozik should have gotten a look at some point.

To be fair though, Auvitu was called back up and got hurt in his first game back. Maybe even his first shift? He might still be up right now if he hadn't gotten hurt. I think he should be up over Helgeson though, because while Helgeson hasn't been quite as bad in his 6 or 7 games this season, he really has no upside at all, nor an NHL future at all. Whereas Auvitu might have that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Albany roars back from a 4-1 deficit to win in OT...so much for the collapse.

Auvitu with the OT winner.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you get Auvitu it might be at Santini's expense. Especially since they aren't putting Moore or Quincey in mothballs just yet.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If you get Auvitu it might be at Santini's expense. Especially since they aren't putting Moore or Quincey in mothballs just yet.

I'd just send Helgeson down and sell Quincey for a bag of pucks.

Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Lovejoy
Moore-Santini

It's stinky but at least there's some decent mobility there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Lovejoy
Moore-Santini

You're missing Merrill, he'll play unless he's in a body cast the rest of the season which is possible given that it's Merrill. But assuming he is also back soon (and Moore's back tomorrow) there's probably gotta be an injury and a trade/benching to get Auvitu another shot. Remember a big part of the reason he was up to begin the season was Merrill's long-term injury, and the fact Santini wasn't here yet.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're probably right about that. If we can't trade Quincey at the deadline, I say bring up Auvitu since there's no roster limit and just sit Quincey for good. He's probably not gonna be in the league next year anyway, he had a hard enough time finding a job in the league this year.

Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Lovejoy
Moore-Santini

Helgeson really hasn't been as bad as he has in past call ups, but he's still very challenged with moving the puck and making any kind of a play and is not a particularly good skater. He has no upside or ceiling at all to his game, so I see no use in keeping him up.

I think if he gets in a few more games, he'll start looking as bad as he has in the past.

He hasn't been as much of a liability this year and we've played some really good games with him in the lineup, which I think is coincidence and not in large part due to him personally. But he hasn't looked like quite the liability that he has in the past. Still though, he doesn't really do anything that good and has no future here or in this league. We've also had a game or two with him in the lineup where we couldn't move the puck at all or generate a breakout or muster more than 5 mediocre scoring chances.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Helgeson's gone as it is, he's the #7 with Moore back and will be back in Albany by the time Merrill gets back. The question then is who goes/gets benched of the seven (Greene, Sevs, Merrill, Moore, Quincey, Lovejoy, Santini) left here? I'm concerned it might be Santini back to Albany unless they do make a trade.

Long story short there's a way to go to clear the way for Auvitu. They might not even have enough room for Santini soon. People can bag on Lovejoy/Quincey/Moore but until one of them gets traded or put in the doghouse they're not going anywhere.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You're missing Merrill, he'll play unless he's in a body cast the rest of the season which is possible given that it's Merrill. But assuming he is also back soon (and Moore's back tomorrow) there's probably gotta be an injury and a trade/benching to get Auvitu another shot. Remember a big part of the reason he was up to begin the season was Merrill's long-term injury, and the fact Santini wasn't here yet.

He's currently on IR, no? I didn't include him because he isn't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->