Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Sissons is already signed. And i think at this rate MacDonald is going to wait for other deals from other teams.

I meant with regard to having some of these guys pan out....

MacDonald does seem to want to test the waters which worries me a bit because he's a player for sure but who knows.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

MacDonald does seem to want to test the waters which worries me a bit because he's a player for sure but who knows.

Ah I see. And yeah it doe such about MacDonald.. since he cant get an ELC. His contract can be very tricky.. Some teams will probably give him a 1-way contract i think and I think we'd only give him a 2-way. And who the heck knows what he wants money wise.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

his defense is trash, from what i've heard.

like to the point that we'd DESTROY him on our boards due to his bad decision making. and yeah, he can put up points, but thats at the AHL level. we already know that that means nothing (lappin)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

like to the point that we'd DESTROY him on our boards due to his bad decision making. and yeah, he can put up points, but thats at the AHL level. we already know that that means nothing (lappin)
Ya my interest in MacDonald does not extend beyond the AHL level.

And I give him credit for coming from out of nowhere to become a dangerous AHL defender, but the markings on the wall seem to say he is not an NHL player.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't think you guys watched too many entire Bing games to have a strong opinion on MacDonald

Coach K called him an elite offensive defenseman at that level.

And he's not quick to hurl out comments that often.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I don't think you guys watched too many entire Bing games to have a strong opinion on MacDonald

Coach K called him an elite offensive defenseman at that level.

And he's not quick to hurl out comments that often.

I feel like he is the kinda of player that a team is willing so sign him and play on a limited role on the 3rd paring with some PP minutes and have him do well

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Interesting

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Marathon men: Phantoms win longest AHL game ever
May 10, 2018

Ten years after the top affiliates of the Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes made American Hockey League history, they were at it again.

Alex Krushelnyski scored 6:48 into the fifth overtime period, giving the Lehigh Valley Phantoms a 2-1 win over the Charlotte Checkers in Game 4 of the Atlantic Division Finals.

The longest game ever played in the 82-year history of the AHL ended at 1:09 a.m. EDT after six hours and six minutes and more than seven periods of hockey.

The longest game in AHL history is over! Alex Krushelnyski is the hero and the @LVPhantoms get the win! #LVvsCHA pic.twitter.com/enyOOkj9n7

— AHL (@TheAHL) May 10, 2018

Link below

Marathon men: Phantoms win longest AHL game ever | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So the winning goalie made 94 saves on 95 shots. The loser, only 51 of 53.

I wonder how many fans were left in the building at the end.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Does NJ have room for two players along the lines of Butcher?
I think so.

There is no doubt that Butcher has earned a bigger role next season with NJ. In the playoffs he ended up on the first pairing with Vatanen and I like for him to stay there and push Greene down to a lower role.

MacDonald can be given Butcher's old role on the 3rd pairing, playing sheltered even strength minutes and maximum power play minutes. I wouldn't even mind if Lovejoy kept his spot in the lineup to help MacDonald with the transition.

Butcher-Vatanen
Greene-Severson
MacDonald-Lovejoy

Santini to rotate in for Severson and Lovejoy on occasions.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think so.

There is no doubt that Butcher has earned a bigger role next season with NJ. In the playoffs he ended up on the first pairing with Vatanen and I like for him to stay there and push Greene down to a lower role.

MacDonald can be given Butcher's old role on the 3rd pairing, playing sheltered even strength minutes and maximum power play minutes. I wouldn't even mind if Lovejoy kept his spot in the lineup to help MacDonald with the transition.

Butcher-Vatanen
Greene-Severson
MacDonald-Lovejoy

I didn’t play close enough attention to Butcher as a first pairing guy but judging from the comments here I’m not seeing anyone else suggest Butcher as a Greene replacement. Hopefully you are on to something.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I think so.

Butcher-Vatanen
Greene-Severson
MacDonald-Lovejoy

MacDonald is hardly worth thinking about let alone penciling him into NHL lineups

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Adirondack back at it tonight. Any hope Blackwood is back?
No updates since April 26th.

Goaltending-wise, Mackenzie Blackwood is still listed as day to day, but wasn’t at Thursday’s practice, so Olivier Mantha and Drew Fielding will handle whatever duties are needed for the time being.

First four home games should help Thunder

Blackwood is still on reserve.

It's Drew Fielding's net until he puts up a stinker.

30 Fielding, Drew276:505452000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30 Fielding, Drew2108:045553000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30 Fielding, Drew060:003737000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30 Fielding, Drew360:004138000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30 Fielding, Drew159:523433000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

5 Drew FieldingADK74841511.8652002880.948
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No updates since April 26th.

Goaltending-wise, Mackenzie Blackwood is still listed as day to day, but wasn’t at Thursday’s practice, so Olivier Mantha and Drew Fielding will handle whatever duties are needed for the time being.

First four home games should help Thunder

Blackwood is still on reserve.

It's Drew Fielding's net until he puts up a stinker.

30Fielding, Drew276:505452000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30Fielding, Drew2108:045553000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30Fielding, Drew060:003737000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30Fielding, Drew360:004138000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30Fielding, Drew159:523433000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
5Drew FieldingADK74841511.8652002880.948
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Just when MBW finally starts stopping the puck he gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad