Bill Daly: No chance of saving season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
They are just a bunch of idiot... now i'm really, really, really disapointed...

I just can't believe they get out of this meeting and saying to us that no deal has been done...

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF FUC**** IDIOT!

I'M SO PISSED OFF! FROM YOU MR. BETTMAN AND YOU MR. GOODENOW!

Vic Rattlehead*

I find this hilarious

I really hoped that a deal would have been made, but I am not surprised and sort of expected something like this.

Oh well, next negotiations will be in September, before the League calls in the replacement players.

mabus

Mar 28, 2004
www.dalnetdebates.com
Details are indeed coming in now, people are filtering out and begining to talk to reporters. Basically, it appears that two of the owners, florida and nashville, were "very vocal" that they would should not rise even a penny more over 42.5 mill. Daly has been quoted as saying that it's over and they won't meet "with these guys" again. Not exactly the kind of language that makes you think it was a friendly meeting. Don't hold up any hope of this being resolved any time soon, at least not easily.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Contract Florida and Nashville!!!

If Edmonton was okay with it, what is their excuse? They're bigger markets!

Vic Rattlehead*

Atleast we'll have a season next year, either the NHL players or replacement players.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
so soon they will tell that season is canceled :joker: :lol

this is worst joke ever.. :madfire:

Don´t blame the PA or the NHL... they never said, that a deal is close... Daly pointed out, that they are still way apart... All that stuff was pushed by the media based by an unnamned source close to the talks... who also was just giving his opinion by saying "i can´t imagine that someone wants to take the blame for the talks to produce no results again" or something like that... All of us, who were very optimistic because of the rumors, just got to hyped because they wanted this to be true and they wanted the season to start... i´m pissed as hell, but i am not putting blame on the PA and the league... the media is to blame for that last episode!

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
contract their bloody asses.

tough **** for them. this is absolutely ridiculous. they don't belong to be in the league if they're gonna hold everyone else hostage. **** them.

acr*

If Florida and Nashville don't want to play hockey, and are too stupid to effectively run their businesses, they shouldn't be in the damn league! CONTRACT THEM NOW!

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I'm dying to know what the deal with this Press Conference was. Surely if they were setting one up, they thought something was going to go down. :help:

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
Two teams can't hold the league hostage. If those were the only 2 teams against the deal then it would be done. They may have been the most vocal, but they cannot have been the only ones who didn't want the deal.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Well that was a shocking turn of events..the first thing I'd heard today at work was Hradek saying the deal was "imminent" when i took a short break in my car...lol

Then at 4, when my shift ended, I got in and I heard "talks broke off, no progress, none expected". Absolutely unacceptable.

So is this the real no talks expected, or is this the fake, haha, talks aren't expected (PS we're meeting Sunday)?.

I have to say, I would have been happier without this mess of talks today.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
This makes absolutely zero sense to me. It'd be one thing if everyone was running wild with baseless optimism. But, this was the most respected hockey analysts claiming that a deal was imminent and all but signed. To have such a quick turnaround and such deep pessimism in the media now just reeks of something fishy. Daly and Saskin's comments to the media have never been trustworthy, and neither have the pessimistic reports from ANY media outlets. There has to be something more to it than them just "not being able to bridge the gap". It was supposedly done, and now they're farther than ever? I don't but it. If they weren't even close to something you don't call Gretzky, Lemieux in, you don't set up a meeting two days after cancelling the season, and you most definitely don't plan for a press conference. Something was up, something fell through, but I don't believe for a second that they're "as far apart as ever".

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
What else is Daly meant to say? Expectations were so high this morning that even if they made a smidge of progress then everyone would be sitting counting the days to march 3rd. The league had to ensure this didn't get out of control - otherwise we'd have another backlash against hockey for being "stupid".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->