Biggest wrestling family?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The talk of Rock's relatives in another thread got me thinking about which family has made the biggest impact in wrestling.

Biggest influence, most popular, most hardware, whichever metric you want to use.

Oh, and.....not counting the McMahons - I don't care about spot-monkey Shane, he was never really a true "wrestler" in my books. ;)

Rolled through a few of the top options and figured it came down to:

The Anoa'i family

-Yokozuna, Rikishi, Wild Samoans, Roman Reigns, Usos, Umaga, The Rock...just a long line of talent over the generations.

The Hart family

Owen and Bret.....plus a plethora of other wrestlers who have been linked to the Harts through marriage, or been trained by them.

HM to the Guerreros, Ortons, and Rhodes.

What say you, HF?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
The talk of Rock's relatives in another thread got me thinking about which family has made the biggest impact in wrestling.

Biggest influence, most popular, most hardware, whichever metric you want to use.

Oh, and.....not counting the McMahons - I don't care about spot-monkey Shane, he was never really a true "wrestler" in my books. ;)

Rolled through a few of the top options and figured it came down to:

The Anoa'i family

-Yokozuna, Rikishi, Wild Samoans, Roman Reigns, Usos, Umaga, The Rock...just a long line of talent over the generations.

The Hart family

Owen and Bret.....plus a plethora of other wrestlers who have been linked to the Harts through marriage, or been trained by them.

HM to the Guerreros, Ortons, and Rhodes.

What say you, HF?

The Von Erichs had a lot of people and they were inventing fake ones after a while.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I'd vote for the Harts beyond Bruce and Owen's exploits. A lot of the stuff that happened in the 70's and early 80's in Stampede were truly ground breaking. They had ladder matches before WWE, and a lot of the Bruce Hart booking was really the Attitude Era about 5 years earlier.

You look at the number of people that they trained and put in the ring.

I don't even think its all that close.

But I would probably want to throw the Funks in there too.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
^Well yeah if you include Hart's "Dungeon" they've probably provided more entertainment than anyone else...I wonder if any of the other Anoa'i trained up there. :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean.. if you count all cousins and what not, I don't think the Anoa'i family can be beaten.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
^Well yeah if you include Hart's "Dungeon" they've probably provided more entertainment than anyone else...I wonder if any of the other Anoa'i trained up there. :laugh:

The Wild Samoans were a staple of Stampede Wrestling in the late 70's and they did train in the dungeon with Stu. It was more along the lines of additional training though and not their initial training.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Are we counting Bulldog and Anvil into the Hart Family? If so, I think it's the Harts easily. If not, it's still the Harts, but it's closer.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I probably would count those two in due to marriage, you would also have to include Dynamite Kid in the mix then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad