Biggest threat to Canada In Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

jekoh said:
Are Nagano and Salt Lake City in Europe, genius ?

No.
Hey einstein,are you saying the world cup was'nt an international tournament?The poster said no-one other then hasek and Vokoun has had a dominant international performance in recent memory when Brodeur had one at the last world cup............................what's that got to do with Utah and Japan?even you can figure out what i'm saying there,at least you should be able to.There you go genius,read the posts before you go into i'm 17 years old and feel like a smart *** behind a computer mode.

At least you understand why i'm not all that crazy about the brand of hockey you play.

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

12# Peter Bondra said:
I commented on the fact that some guys on bigger rinks arent as effective as on NHL-sized rinks and thats what one poster here talked about.
So,Brodeur isn't effective on international rinks? The guy was the goaltender for Canada in Salt Lake,the team that won the gold medal..................he must be at least o.k right? As we and you know..................you don't win without good goaltending.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
cyclops said:
The poster said no-one other then hasek and Vokoun has had a dominant international performance in recent memory when Brodeur had one at the last world cup............................what's that got to do with Utah and Japan?
I was responding to your post claiming that "if it isn't in europe,the Euro posters don't consider it an international tournament" even though the previous poster actually did mention Nagano.

Sonny Lamateena

Nov 2, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
roshiajin said:
Canada is highly overrated. Something natural granted that there's a majority of Canadians here, but let's face facts : in 2 Olympics, Canada played about 2 convincing games, both vs the USA btw.
It's not the World Cup, therefore Canada's play will more resemble that of the WCH'05 than the World Cup 04. And I'm still convinced that Canada is weak when playing outside North America. All I ask is to be proven wrong, but I think this team could finish anywhere in the top 5.

OK I'm outta here before somebody punches me in the face.

I don't think their is anything "weak" about Canada no matter where they are playing. Their are some adjustments that need to be made when playing under International Rules but North American players will be more prepared for that then ever, now that that the NHL has adopted stricter obstruction rules, removed the 2 line passing rule, and adopted the shootout. I don't agree that Canada is overrated, they are deffinitely the favorite going into the Olympics based on overall team balance and depth.

I do think some Canadians are underrating the opposition though, its not going to be as easy as some are thinking, the talent level of the other teams is very comparable, and in a short tournament anything can happen (ie..Belarus vs Sweden). I would say the biggest threat to Canada is the Czechs, I especially don't like their chance's against them if it got to a shootout, Hasek is better on breakaways then both Brodeur and Luongo, and they have some deadly shooters.

espo*

jekoh said:
I was responding to your post claiming that "if it isn't in europe,the Euro posters don't consider it an international tournament" even though the previous poster actually did mention Nagano.
That's fine.Still,if he's going to mention all those tournaments as "international tournaments" he should include the World cup,because it certainly was an international tournament.Small ice,big ice,makes no difference,they are international tournaments and Brodeur was dominant in it.That was my point.

espo*

Den said:
I actually admire cyclops: so much energy battling Gracious Canada's infidel enemies on all fronts. :bow:
Thank you,it really is my calling.and all the Euros give me ample opportunities with ill advised comments and strange points with which i can take issue with.They make it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->