Biggest surprises and disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Which 5 players from the 7 big countries have been the biggest surprises and biggest disappointments`so far this tourney?

My lists:

Surprises:
1 Rick Nash - Knew he was a scorer, but not this good
2 Eric Cole - Not just showing great work ethics, but scoring too.
3 Niklas Kronwall - Has taken his great play in AHL to the Worlds, impressive.
4 Alexander Ovechkin - Hyped and just one goal so far, but have exceptional speed.
5 Mikael Samuelsson - A small surprise on the swedish roster, but has been one of Swedens best players.

Disappointments:
1 Ed Jovanovski - Seems to be totally lost on the D, but he's not alone.
2 Dany Heatly - Last years MVP haven't been close to last years performance.
3 Mike Modano - Has looked tired, but have stepped up last games.
4 Maxim Afinogenov - Skating as always, but seems to be unable to score.
5 Mike York - Hasn't barely seen him, outplayed by players like Yan Stastny.

EDIT. Bad spelling.

Last edited:

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Kaizer said:
Rico Fata :biglaugh:

Well, at least against Switzerland he looked so.

I haven't seen all games, but he was really good vs Slovakia. He made alot happened by himself. I knew he was good, but not that he could come in and play that well vs such a good team in the Worlds.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Robertsson 4-ever said:
3 Niklas Kronwall - Has taken his great play in AHL to the Worlds, impressive.
5 Mikael Samuelsson - A small surprise on the swedish roster, but has been one of Swedens best players.

agreed on the Swedish players. To me, also, Henrik Zetterberg has been somewhat a disappointment.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Predatore said:
agreed on the Swedish players. To me, also, Henrik Zetterberg has been somewhat a disappointment.

agreed...he is suppose to make things happen in his line with Weinhandl and Hedström...Forsberg didn't have any problems with getting Weinhandl to score and Hedström is doing his job. So... Zetterberg??? better shape it up dude.

I also think Lundqvist is a bit of a disappointment so far. :shakehead

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Robertsson 4-ever said:
4 Maxim Afinogenov - Skating as always, but seems to be unable to score.

Welcome to our (Sabres fans) misery. He can get the puck in the net but he doesn't have any touch at all. Sure is fun watching him buzz around though, eh?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Afingenov should be banned from the national team. He's always playing great, but his point total is always stuck at 0. Even when he gets 10+ shots and plays absolutely great, he can't score. So please, do not invite him again, unless he makes some radical changes in his game (brain transplant maybe?).

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
wilka91 said:
Afingenov should be banned from the national team. He's always playing great, but his point total is always stuck at 0. Even when he gets 10+ shots and plays absolutely great, he can't score. So please, do not invite him again, unless he makes some radical changes in his game (brain transplant maybe?).

He never seems to do well point-wise nationally, but stat-wise it appears he had a decent RSL season this year... In one less game played than Ovechkin on the same team he had the same amount of goals and two less assists (36 GP 13 + 12 = 25).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad