Speculation: Biggest Surprise for 2018-19

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Simple question and something to talk about other than the draft

Which Red wing player will surprise you this coming year ?

My guess will be Tyler Bertuzzi

5 goals 13 assists in the final 20 games of the season after the tatar trade he was moved into a top 6 role, and if he stays in the top 6 i think he could push for 60 points that is of course if he hits a sophmore slump.

Who do you see this coming season as the biggest surprise ?

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rasmussen4Calder

I doubt thatll happen, BUT if he finds net front success on the powerplay and ends up scoring more than we think (say 25 goals), he could be in the conversation.

I think Larkin comes out strong and puts up 75+ points but I'm not sure if thats a huge surprise given the strides he made last season.

Reactions: Ezekial

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I doubt thatll happen, BUT if he finds net front success on the powerplay and ends up scoring more than we think (say 25 goals), he could be in the conversation.

I think Larkin comes out strong and puts up 75+ points but I'm not sure if thats a huge surprise given the strides he made last season.

I think by the end of next year Larkin will be a certified star player. i.e. other teams fans will grant him star status as well, not just Wings fans. I really think he takes another big step forward next season, I think he has the same level gains and really establishes his NHL stardom.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm gonna go with a bit of an out there one in David Pope

I think if he does sign with the Wings he spends half the year or so in Grand Rapids then at some point gets called up to fill in for injuries or whatever and shows some promise as a middle 6 guy

Reactions: Hen Kolland

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Svechnikov. I say he has a healthy offseason and comes in looking like a legit upgrade for Abby (40+ points).

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I'm gonna be very optimistic and say Svech, a good summer will probably go a long way.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
i'm gonna go with a bit of an out there one in David Pope

I think if he does sign with the Wings he spends half the year or so in Grand Rapids then at some point gets called up to fill in for injuries or whatever and shows some promise as a middle 6 guy

I'll second this. A young guy that we slept on ending up being an NHL player as early as next year.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I think Svech comes in and brings it hard.

hopefully. He seems like a good guy who wants to play in the NHL, whatever it takes. And he's another big, skilled player

The way it sounded in the articles after the season, mantha and blashhill have found a way to communicate and seem to be on the same page. Maybe he fulfills his potential in this upcoming campaign and gives us a 60+ season

I kinda expect rasmussen to do good, so my pick for biggest surprise is Hickets. I believe he'll play the second pairing and gets PP time, and scores 25 points +

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Ken Holland doesn't rock the boat and actually lets the team rebuild.

Too far-fetched?
Kenny Holland resigns Green and the same exact team takes the ice for 2018-2019 season for Game 1.
Chris Ilitch loses his marbles and fires Kenny.
Sends a note to the Hall of Fame.
Hires Dubas from Toronto.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Kenny Holland resigns Green and the same exact team takes the ice for 2018-2019 season for Game 1.
Chris Ilitch loses his marbles and fires Kenny.
Sends a note to the Hall of Fame.
Hires Dubas from Toronto.
Will be hard when he's GMing Toronto.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who do you see this coming season as the biggest surprise ?
The entire fanbase will be shocked at just how dapper Jack Hughes looks in the winged wheel.

Unless you're limiting things to October through early April. Then I'll say Detroit plucks a goalie off the free agent scrap pile, and the guy becomes a steady starter. Nothing spectacular, but definitely better than his (likely very mediocre) career before joining the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->