Biggest steals of '03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
HOCKEY_GURU said:
yatook my answer lol,.... so im gonna dig real deep and say 8th round Volkov. :yo:
I thought about him as well. However, I had expected he would put up better numbers this season in considering he has about the same pointtotals as halfway last season.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
2003 so far was a good draft year for the panthers. They got Martin Lojek and Martin Tuma, both hulking dman who are physical and may be a #5 or 6 dman someday. Dany Roussin was a great steal IMO at least statwise. Anthony Stewart IMO should've gone around #10.

ROUSSIN STILL PRODUCED WHEN CROSBY WAS HURT. SURE, HIS STATS ARE INFLATED A BIT, BUT WHEN YOU HAVE AS MANY POINTS AS HE DID LAST YEAR IN THE Q, OBVIOUSLY YOU DON"T SUCK. :teach:

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
PanthersRule said:
2003 so far was a good draft year for the panthers. They got Martin Lojek and Martin Tuma, both hulking dman who are physical and may be a #5 or 6 dman someday. Dany Roussin was a great steal IMO at least statwise. Anthony Stewart IMO should've gone around #10.

ROUSSIN STILL PRODUCED WHEN CROSBY WAS HURT. SURE, HIS STATS ARE INFLATED A BIT, BUT WHEN YOU HAVE AS MANY POINTS AS HE DID LAST YEAR IN THE Q, OBVIOUSLY YOU DON"T SUCK. :teach:

Roussin may have brad richards syndrome... scouts don't think he's as good as his points because he is playing with a great player.

Who knows... it certainly doesn't hurt to take a flyer on a guy who puts up points like he did...

Hellström

Sep 22, 2002
Taupy said:
When you're playing with Sidney Crosby, it's not that hard!

Sure, but you donj´t get them for "free".
For a 7th round pick that selection was a good one so far, even if you´re just going to count 50-60% of the points (the reports are telling that Roussin is playing good hockey and so i´m more leaning towards steal than reach)

Hellström

Sep 22, 2002
dawgbone said:
Roussin may have brad richards syndrome... scouts don't think he's as good as his points because he is playing with a great player.

Who knows... it certainly doesn't hurt to take a flyer on a guy who puts up points like he did...

My words in your keyboard ;)

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Two other Wild players that are doing well:

Jean-Michel Bolduc (out with an injury though :()

and

Danny Irmen

Bolduc had coach problems...

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
I am a Flyers fan, so i am not suggesting any of these guys are the biggest steal of the draft, but Ruzicka looks like he might be. Anyways, they look like they did very well with these guys.

81 R Stefan Ruzicka
87 F Ryan Potulny
191 G Rejean Beauchemin

leafaholix*

John Mitchell and Jeremy Williams look like two great picks for Toronto.

Honourable mention to Kootenay's Martin Sagat.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
The second round in 2003 provided a lots of steals, Jacques, Eriksson, Bergeron, Fritchse (who I'm still shocked he was drafted so low) but I would say the biggest steal is O'Sullivan. 2003 had so many good players that picking in the later round would still give you an opportunity to pick up a future NHL player. A player who I hope will continue to develop (call me a homer) is Brodziak. If this kid makes it to the NHL he's a steal, let alone do so well last year in the WHL. He's also done well with the RR considering this is his first tour of duty.

GXL

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
I'm in no way an authourity on prospects, but Nigel Dawes looks like he might overcome his size and become a player. I know he's yet to prove anything at a higher level, but the man just keeps on producing.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Patrice Bergeron
Patrick O'Sullivan
Kevin Klein
Dan Fritsche
Loui Eriksson- Homer pick ;)

Just to name a few

Status
Not open for further replies.