Biggest Point Leech ever

asdf

Mar 8, 2006
any forward in the last 5ish years playing with sundin... minus MAYBE mogilny...

LOL, I seriously hope this is a joke, although sadly, I doubt it.

And did you say MAYBE Mogilny?!?! When Mogilny got to play anything close to a full season, he outscored Sundin in both the regular season and playoffs.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
Why does Gary "God himself" Roberts get no love?

He should. He was a very good player in his prime, especially before his serious neck injury. He was just coming into his own right before the neck problem. He played a game very similar to Cam Neely (even put up similar points) and Neely is loved by everyone in hockey circles. Not a Hall of Fame worthy career (neither was Neely's), but that's a dfferent conversation...

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
Derek King is the Isles' representative ;mooching off Sneaky Pete from '91-'94. His PPG was about doubled in that three year span.:bow:

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
No Bernie Nicholls votes yet? That's sort of good, cause lord knows he wouldn't hit 150 without Gretz, but he was a decent player in his own right.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Really the term leech is thrown around way to much and is really only true in certain situations - and those situations are few and far between. The one that comes to mind as a Canucks fan is Odjick and Bure - with the 16 goal season.

Ceechoo - he is a tallented player and he benifited from Thornton but does that necessarly make him a leech? I don't think so - that implies that he doesn't have the tallent of his own and everything is due to Thornton's play.

Mutually benificial players does not equal a leech as many people think it does.

Other than Brian, he was a big point Leetch. (Boo-Urns)

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I wouldnt call Berni Nicholls a leech. He had two 100 point seasons without Gretzky even. Marc Savard was a great scorer even in junior Hockey and no matter what he's scored very quietly in the NHL throughout his career.
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned Steve Rucchin yet, he'd be on this list.

trevchar1971

Jun 1, 2006
I havent read this whole thread.... but what about Bernie Nicholls... he once had a 150 point season.... an accomplichment that just seem to have coincided with the arrival of Wayne Gretzky in LA.:dunno:

trevchar1971

Jun 1, 2006
No Bernie Nicholls votes yet? That's sort of good, cause lord knows he wouldn't hit 150 without Gretz, but he was a decent player in his own right.

Nicholls was good but definitely never great.... an 80 - 90 point man at best.... he leeched at least 60 - 70 points that season, maybe more, that alone is a career year for alot of players .:shakehead

Last edited:

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Jari Kurri. Im not saying he wasn't a great player, because he was, but i dont think he would ever have gotten close to 1000 points if it wasn't because he was playing with Gretzky.

Ogopogo*

Jari Kurri. Im not saying he wasn't a great player, because he was, but i dont think he would ever have gotten close to 1000 points if it wasn't because he was playing with Gretzky.

Jari Kurri

1987-88 96 Pts (With Gretzky)
1988-89 102 Pts (Without Gretzky)

I am not convinced of your argument.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
84-85, 135 points.
85-86, 131 points.

Well infact, the season without Gretzky was his 6th highest season, talking points. The fact that Gretzky missed 18 games 87-88 doesn't boost your argument.

SniperMogilny2K6*

Recent Ones.

Brendan Morrison (with Bertuzzi, Naslund)
Spezza (with Alfredsson, Heatley)

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
He should. He was a very good player in his prime, especially before his serious neck injury. He was just coming into his own right before the neck problem. He played a game very similar to Cam Neely (even put up similar points) and Neely is loved by everyone in hockey circles. Not a Hall of Fame worthy career (neither was Neely's), but that's a dfferent conversation...
50 in 44, on one leg... Thats all that needs to be said about Neely. He had Mike Bossy caliber hands. Hell, Bossy didn't even do that, only Gretzky, Lemieux, and Neely have.

Marc Savard is kind of silly, give him a year or two post Kovalchuk to either succeed or fail first.

A guy that comes to mind is Joey Juneau. 100+ points with Adam Oates, never came close to that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad