Biggest Danish talents not playing NHL?

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey fellow danes,

I've been living in the US for the past decade and have gotten out of touch with Danish talent not playing in North America. What's the list of our biggest up and comers? Any chance we have more first round draft picks coming up in the next five years time?

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark
Ouh, Jonas Røndbjerg could be a first rounder in 2017! Depends on his U18 WC this april and next years WJC! He is currently playing in Rungsted putting up 14 points (10+4) in 35 games this season. Pretty solid for a 16 year old.

Imo he has to go to America next season. If he can continue his development he can be a first or second rounder. He is a Frans Nielsen-kind of player.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Ouh, Jonas Røndbjerg could be a first rounder in 2017! Depends on his U18 WC this april and next years WJC! He is currently playing in Rungsted putting up 14 points (10+4) in 35 games this season. Pretty solid for a 16 year old.

Imo he has to go to America next season. If he can continue his development he can be a first or second rounder. He is a Frans Nielsen-kind of player.

I find it highly unlikely that Jonas Røndbjerg will be picked in the first round, unless he really hits the accelerator next year. It is much more likely he will be picked in the Frans Nielsen, Oliver Bjorkstrand area ie. 3rd round, but that would also be very good.

Jonas Røndbjerg is an excellent all-rounder; responsible and with high hockey IQ but IMO he lacks an elite skill that can get him to the top in the draft.

I would rather that he goes to Sweden next year. I think his game will really shine there. I doubt he will benefit much from going to NA, to me he is not that kind of player.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Maybe it is just me, but I find players like Nikolaj Krag and Matias From much more interesing than Jonas Røndbjerg. From what I understand (and that might be wrong) he is big in size for his age and when that evens out in the years to come, he will not continue to shine in the same grade. I agree that he needs to continue abroad either in Sweden or CHL to continue his development, but how far he can take it I am not so sure.

I talked with a former teammate of mine in Rødovre and he told me that the goalie talent in Denmark is rapidly growing. Maybe not in the first couple of years, but if we look down the road 5 or 6 years we might have some big prospects coming. He didnt mention any names, but that was what he said.

Of course goalies dont go as 1st rounders, so I would say we dont really have anything at the moment that in the future could qualify as a first rounder. But we can always hope someone picks up the pace...

Danmark

May 5, 2014
Maybe it is just me, but I find players like Nikolaj Krag and Matias From much more interesing than Jonas Røndbjerg. From what I understand (and that might be wrong) he is big in size for his age and when that evens out in the years to come, he will not continue to shine in the same grade. I agree that he needs to continue abroad either in Sweden or CHL to continue his development, but how far he can take it I am not so sure.

I talked with a former teammate of mine in Rødovre and he told me that the goalie talent in Denmark is rapidly growing. Maybe not in the first couple of years, but if we look down the road 5 or 6 years we might have some big prospects coming. He didnt mention any names, but that was what he said.

Of course goalies dont go as 1st rounders, so I would say we dont really have anything at the moment that in the future could qualify as a first rounder. But we can always hope someone picks up the pace...

Røndbjerg is playing against grown men, his opponents will not be bigger? Krag is higher and heavier than Røndbjerg, but Røndbjergs hockey IQ is insane. Both are solid prospects, but Røndbjergs numbers is a lot better, and he is a year younger than Krag.

Røndbjergs issue is his skating. He is not explosive enough, he lack top speed. Because of that, I think the North American way will be best for Røndbjerg.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I talked with a former teammate of mine in Rødovre and he told me that the goalie talent in Denmark is rapidly growing. Maybe not in the first couple of years, but if we look down the road 5 or 6 years we might have some big prospects coming. He didn't mention any names, but that was what he said.

I have heard from several places about the improvement in goalie development, and I find it great. It is such an important position on the team, and specially the youth national teams have benefitted from strong goaltending the last 3-4 years.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Hey fellow danes,

I've been living in the US for the past decade and have gotten out of touch with Danish talent not playing in North America. What's the list of our biggest up and comers? Any chance we have more first round draft picks coming up in the next five years time?

We have a lot of talented players coming up as you will be able to see in the Danish prospects subforum, but first round draft picks are a rare commodity. They are normally head and shoulders above their peers, and here and now I only see one Danish prospect that fits that description.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
We have a lot of talented players coming up as you will be able to see in the Danish prospects subforum, but first round draft picks are a rare commodity. They are normally head and shoulders above their peers, and here and now I only see one Danish prospect that fits that description.

Do tell... :) Who is this one prospect?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
That was what i assumed, which i dont understand why it was relevant that he signed. Bagge, stop confusing me!:P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad