BIG UPDATE! as of 1/27 NHL will make ANOTHER NEW proposal to the PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tritone

Aug 26, 2003
Laval
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Don Cherry would only represent the stupid ignorant fans though.

Quite a strong accusation ....and ironic seeing as you have a grammatical error in a simple phrase that is implying you have a higher intelligence level than others.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
There will probably be a press release in a few hours where both sides will express their disatisfaction with the process, and they still have strong philosophical differences about whether they should order Pizza, or Chinese during their meeting.

:help:

prepare to be underwhelmed.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
tritone said:
Quite a strong accusation ....and ironic seeing as you have a grammatical error in a simple phrase that is implying you have a higher intelligence level than others.

Why do you people always feel the need to cry over grammar errors ?? I mean I bet people really get hurt by that ..hahahaha . SO SILLY!!

Is that all the wit people who complain about these things possess ?

p.s your post was not any better
:joker:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
tritone said:

When I rant and rave about how all Europeans ruin the NHL when I can't even run a hockey team I own and run it to the ground I will make sure to be 100% gramatically correct so I sound smarter than Cherry when I do it. Oh no a run on sentence I should fix that. Obviously you like Don Cherry a lot as do most people, but even the people that DO like him agree he is ignorant and narrow minded about almost everything. Which is why I posted that.

Last edited:

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
tritone said:

In the interest of education, what's the grammar error in "Don Cherry would only represent the stupid ignorant fans though."?

I'm not seeing one. It passes through several automatic grammar checkers as well.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
PecaFan said:
In the interest of education, what's the grammar error in "Don Cherry would only represent the stupid ignorant fans though."?

I'm not seeing one. It passes through several automatic grammar checkers as well.
I think maybe its missing a comma somewhere?

JRgavemeaNTC

Jan 6, 2005
Raleigh
Technically, although there is no actual rule against it, we are not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition. Though is a preposition. However, we do not come here for grammar lessons, so I digress. :teach:

Hopefully hockey will be on our fingertips after tonight and not prepositions.

Go Canes! :handclap:

And yes, I did run this through a spell checker. Several times. ;)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Lockout04 said:
Technically, although there is no actual rule against it, we are not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition. Though is a preposition. However, we do not come here for grammar lessons, so I digress. :teach:

Hopefully hockey will be on our fingertips after tonight and not prepositions.

Go Canes! :handclap:

And yes, I did run this through a spell checker. Several times. ;)
though isn't a preposition. "through" is.

JRgavemeaNTC

Jan 6, 2005
Raleigh
Now that I have been properly smacked around for my lack of careful reading and my unfounded grammer lesson, and have taken the time to remove my foot from my mouth, I'll take a stab at the Canes question.

On another page here, someone had listed the average ticket price and the FCI (sp?), the family cost index. The Canes were the cheapest on the board. If they can manage to hold that position, and begin scraping off the bottom to get some revenue sharing cash, they will be in great shape. There are other factors about the Raleigh area that benefit the Canes. No other professional sports teams (a large amount of people in Raleigh follow the Braves, we have a radio station that covers all the games), nieve interest, higher than average expendable cash in the local's pockets (Research Triangle Park, big companies IBM, SAS, etc.) Hockey is still new in this area. If the Canes can be a playoff team for a few years, people will gain even more interest and the team will continue to grow.

We will just have to wait and see, though.

tritone

Aug 26, 2003
Laval
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
When I rant and rave about how all Europeans ruin the NHL when I can't even run a hockey team I own and run it to the ground I will make sure to be 100% gramatically correct so I sound smarter than Cherry when I do it. Oh no a run on sentence I should fix that. Obviously you like Don Cherry a lot as do most people, but even the people that DO like him agree he is ignorant and narrow minded about almost everything. Which is why I posted that.

Your post suggests that Don Cherry would only represent the ignorant. Your statement implies that every fan of Don Cherry's would share his ignorance . You are a fan of hockey players, do you share their greed? You are a fan of Ben Johnson , did you take steroids?
My post was not about defending Don Cherry , it was about defending people who may enjoy Don Cherry but have a higher level of understanding than he does about certain elements of life . I will add that although Don Cherry has a certain lack of political correctness he is still a very knowledgable hockey man and he deserves this credit .
As for picking at the grammatical error , it was simply to show the irony of a post that implies the ignorance of group of people yet contains improper use of the english language.

tritone

Aug 26, 2003
Laval
Visit site
Lockout04 said:
Alirght, I am ginog hmoe form wrok now. Been too lnog of a day, and I am tried of geittng baeten up here. :mad: Godongiht.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LLO , Sawree abowt thee inglish knit-pikking, i wuz just triying to maike a pointe

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Wild Thing said:
TSN reports that the new agreement will change that. I'm watching the story right now.

Yes, they have Brian Burke on right now talking about it. Also Glenn Healy just ended his last sentence with a preposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad