Big surprise that #1 overall pick goes to the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
I believe the last time a Western Conference team had the #1 overall pick without having to trade for it (Columbus-Rick Nash) was back in 1988. What a streak for the East, which now has most of the best young talent in the league.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I mentioned in an earlier thread that including this years draft the East has had 17 out of 21 of the last 7 years of Top 3 picks.

Add that to having the best teams currently in the league: Tampa, Ottawa, Philly and the conference will be extremely lopsided. It seems like they are going have the best and worst of the league for a while.

With that being the case, and the West being more competitive, is it fair to do a draft based on league wide standings when teams in opposing conferences will now only play eachother once every 3 years?

I think this CBA has almost locked the East into being the more dominant conference for some time. Im expecting the East to win a majority of Cups and as well as top picks over the next decade. How can a cycle of this nature end?

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Hold on a second, I'm going to hear this, and then have to hear during the season how the East is a "weaker" conference? You can't have it both ways, folks.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
PitkanenPower said:
Hold on a second, I'm going to hear this, and then have to hear during the season how the East is a "weaker" conference? You can't have it both ways, folks.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pittsburgh is in the west but we're not exactly a media mecha. ESPN doesn't acknowledge our existence outside of Ben Roethlisberger.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
PitkanenPower said:

Geez, finally somebody who understands. The east has been much weaker and as such have a much better chance. My god that is so hard to understand.

benji

Took too much, man.
Dec 8, 2002
Too much.
yo
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pittsburgh is in the west but we're not exactly a media mecha. ESPN doesn't acknowledge our existence outside of Ben Roethlisberger.
I know you meant east, but you wrote west.

:naughty:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
theBob said:
Add that to having the best teams currently in the league: Tampa, Ottawa, Philly and the conference will be extremely lopsided. It seems like they are going have the best and worst of the league for a while.

Colorado and Vancouver are very similar to Ottawa and Philadelphia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad