Big open ice hit from Sweden

Bustedprospect

Mar 10, 2006

Philly Flyer Fan*

By the rule book.............it's clean. However, we can't have players (in any league) taking blows to the head like this.

Reminds me of Stevens hit on Lindros.................OUCH :(

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Clean hit. Didn't see him lift the shoulder or add in the elbow, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a clean hit.

I don't see the comparisson to the Moore on Naslund hit though. Differant type of play... yet still clean.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
He got a match penalty for it. 5+game+1 game automatic suspension. Various journalists are calling for his head.

Apparantly the player who got hit got hurt and didn't breathe as he should, but it's not a dirty hit because of that.

Jysk

Jul 3, 2004
Skellefteå Sweden
Vikke said:
He got a match penalty for it. 5+game+1 game automatic suspension. Various journalists are calling for his head.

Apparantly the player who got hit got hurt and didn't breathe as he should, but it's not a dirty hit because of that.

The call on the hit was a joke

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
That, boys and girls, is why you don't skate around admiring your plays... OLD TIME HOCKEY! EDDIE SHORE!

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
<don cherry voice>First big hit from Sweden since ABBA broke up.</cherry>

editted to add:

meh. Not in favor of it, really.

He glided in, and didn't leave his feet. Elbow down, shoulder made contact. I don't think it's a penalty.

But he definitely took advantage of a guy in a vulnerable position. Should that be allowed? I don't think a guy should get hospitalized just because it's within the rules to hit him in a certain situation. The NFL doesn't allow linebackers to kill receivers who are extended to catch a pass.

Last edited:

MODOJohan

Oct 24, 2004
Indiana
5'10" /174 lbs Tobias Enström crushes 6'2" / 201 lbs Mathias Johansson.

This is the hit of the year! And the referree takes away a moment of pure OLD TIME HOCKEY!

God d*mn these swedish referrees! Weak bastarrrrrrds! Take the pressure for once!

I wonder what the Trashers thoughts about that hit are :biglaugh:
I recon someone's gonna get a contract! :sarcasm:

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
Eh, when you hit a guy, you wanna level him. You don't want to hurt him. Head on a swivel, y'know? Guy who got hit had just as much responsibility (arguably more) to avoid injury as the guy hitting him had responsibility to not injure him.

No sympathy from me.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
No reason to blow the whistle except to get the out cold off the ice. Text book hit!! I hope the guy isn't seriously hurt but that kinda hit happens a lot in hockey.

The Fuhr*

oilers_guy_eddie[INDENT said:
But he definitely took advantage of a guy in a vulnerable position. Should that be allowed? I don't think a guy should get hospitalized just because it's within the rules to hit him in a certain situation. The NFL doesn't allow linebackers to kill receivers who are extended to catch a pass.

That was a nice hit but the NFL analogy makes a ton of sense. That comment makes the most sense to me.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Fuhr86 said:
That was a nice hit but the NFL analogy makes a ton of sense. That comment makes the most sense to me.

Except that the NFL is football and not hockey. You cannot compare the two more then just superficially.

It was a clean hit. Unfortunate if they other player got hurt, but that is the risk you take when you strap on the pads. Hockey is dangerous. Players have to live with that, and play knowingly.

Otherwise, it is better to simply enjoy sports from the sidelines.

Tuff Gong

Nov 6, 2005
Kelowna
wow that guy got pwnd!!1! a nice clean HARD hit, one of the nicest I've seen ina while, I wonder if there was a Swedish Brewhaha after that one. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->