Big News in Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandastyle

Broken earlier today in New York was that Doug Weight is returning to Edmonton. Critics of the franchise are finally taking a temporary hiatus. One fan responded "Well, we've been telling dip*&%# Gledhill for years to bring in a decent center. His response has always been, we've got good wings, we don't need a top centerman. Shut the $%*& up Gledhill. Eat crow dip*&#@, eat crow."

Other fans were just happy to see one of their favorite Oilers return. A more sober fan commented "Gledhill's trying to get things done...I, for one, am very happy to see Dougy back in Copper & Blue."

But the news wasn't done there, as it was reported that several pending free agents have signed on for long term deals. Teemu Selanne, Ryan Smyth, Paul Mara, Barret Jackman, and Vitali Vishnevsky all agreed to long-term deals. Smyth gushed "I love this town and this team...I can't imagine playing anywhere else."

Management is hopeful that Doug will be ready for the Avs game tomorrow, but are uncertain if league officials will have processed the trade in time. Weight is likely to line up between Ryan Smyth and Teemu Selanne.

"We've been pretty even with Minnesota all season, but our goal is to win the Division. Doug brings us closer to that goal..." explained Gledhill.

In other news, the team rolled out its All-Star campaign for several of its players. Highlighted were:

Martin Havlat - 1st on the team in points (51), and goals (22). Is also 6th in points among right wings in the HFNHL. Has scored 2 Hat Tricks this season, which leads the league.

Ryan Smyth - 2nd on the team in points (49). 1st on the team in assists (32). 5th in points among left wings in the HFNHL.

Teemu Selanne - 3rd on the team in points (47). Added to the Oil just this year, his presence has propelled the team from fighting to make the playoffs to being a premier team in the league.

Evgeni Nabokov - 2nd in the league in Save Percentage (.911). Is a big reason for the Oil's improvement this season.

Vitali Vishnevsky - 1st in the league in Hits (202), the next closest is 43 behind (Brenden Morrow - 159). What makes this stat more impressive is that Vishnevsky has only 24 PIM. He's taking out players, and doing it clean.

Pandastyle

Oh, and I forgot to nominate myself as an All-Star GM.

This season, I have brought 2 All-Star caliber players to my franchise in Teemu Selanne and Doug Weight. And as listed above, I have locked up all major free agents. The only one not signed is Rob Niedermayer, and he will be allowed to hit the Free Agent market.

So vote Gledhill '06!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad