OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
She told some creepy dude she works with to message me on Facebook because I play guitar and he wants to start a band that's "like Korn but with more rapping" and no, it wasn't because she thought I'd be interested.

I'm not sure if we're even yet.

Wait till she tells him about your Alien Ant Farm bootleg collection.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
That's honestly the best place for me. It's either there, Fairmont, Clarksburg, or Bridgeport.

I'm just being a jag. :laugh:

Morgantown is a pretty big college town which would annoy the shit out of me (because I hate running into my students outside of class), but in other respects, I've always liked it. But I think the last time I was there was 2009, so I'm sure it's completely changed.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I haven't been down there in a few years, outside of just passing through. I would suggest looking at places in the Cheat Lake area to avoid staying out of the middle of the university and all of the couch-burning madness. Unless that's your speed. Real estate has gone through the damned roof there the last few years, though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ah I see you are playing Cuphead. I love the artwork in that game and it's sadistic levels of difficulty.

The sadistic levels of difficulty are not something I ever look for in a game...but damn does it work in this game. I'm all about the art style and setting, the fact that the gameplay perfectly mirrors it is just gravy. Thehand-drawn animation nerd in me is obsessed with the game...it's a shame I have no chance of ever beating it...

giphy.gif

Am I the only one that has never watched a Star Wars movie?

I mean...it seems a bit silly to not even see one...but that being said I have absolutely no desire to watch another one after giving the series three tries.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wait till she tells him about your Alien Ant Farm bootleg collection.

I had to trade some rare Hoobastank and Coal Chamber vinyls for those.

ChiChi are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay ChiChi?

Am I the only one that has never watched a Star Wars movie?

No, I haven't either. It's weird because I don't have a problem with SciFi or anything like that, Star Wars and Star Trek just never appealed to me.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd never watched Star Wars until 2015 and I'm a massive geek. I only saw Godfather 1 last year too. Life's too short to catch all the classics.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The sadistic levels of difficulty are not something I ever look for in a game...but damn does it work in this game. I'm all about the art style and setting, the fact that the gameplay perfectly mirrors it is just gravy. Thehand-drawn animation nerd in me is obsessed with the game...it's a shame I have no chance of ever beating it...

giphy.gif

I mean...it seems a bit silly to not even see one...but that being said I have absolutely no desire to watch another one after giving the series three tries.
I love it. It reminds me of old Disney, Popeye, Betty Boop and Felix the Cat cartoons.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Local cinema having Star Wars day, all 8 films back to back, 18 hours 5 minutes in total. You get a commemorative blanket and concession discount :laugh:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
New Chinese opened near a client so I went in to check out the menu. One item I have never been able to find over here, egg fried rice. And look what they have EGG FRIED RICE!!!!!

Guess what I am having for dinner tonight :D

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Really? Egg Fried Rice is like as common as green tea in a Chinese Restaurant. The pain in the ass I live with, she's Viet, so we frequent a lot of Chinese and Viet restaurants.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Seriously, never been able to find it either here or Toronto. Lots of Thai / Vietnamese and not much Chinese restaurants.

It was delicious, definitely going again

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I don't think I've ever been to a Chinese restaurant that didn't have it.

Egg fried rice is what my lady makes when she's decided that she's too lazy to cook, I'm not home to cook, and it's too rainy outside to go out to eat. :laugh:

But Clare, I feel you. Prague has a huge Vietnamese population and very few Taiwanese/Chinese outside of tourists, so most of the asian restaurants are Viet.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Egg fried rice is what my lady makes when she's decided that she's too lazy to cook, I'm not home to cook, and it's too rainy outside to go out to eat. :laugh:

But Clare, I feel you. Prague has a huge Vietnamese population and very few Taiwanese/Chinese outside of tourists, so most of the asian restaurants are Viet.

Yeah my gf is Vietnamese, I'm not a huge fan of the cuisine, so I mainly eat Lemon Grass Chicken + Rice, but even her family and her they go to Chinese restaurants like 95% of the time if they go out to eat, I find some have Chinese dishes like Fried Rice w/Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->