OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I was thinking about rubber bottoms too, but then I thought about just giving it a tape butt end and thought that might look good. It also makes my life a lot easier with the bottoms of the legs, since they don't have to be completely straight if I'm taping a butt end over them.
Here's a good medium.

Find plastic extenders that look like butt ends, then tape it. This way for one, you will have it even on the bottom and won't scrape or fray the sticks, also it looks awesome and you can change up the tape to different colors if you would like or just the classic black.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I think when they bill me they have to get the address that is attached to my card, no? Otherwise they'd be asking me a ton of questions suddenly. But yeah I could definitely try that too.

I don't think your card address has to match anything else. I was always under the impression that asking for your billing address is just a security measure in case someone fraudulently uses your card. I might be wrong, but I've definitely purchased games using a VPN from Origin and Steam. The only thing you might have to watch out for is that 1) sometimes you might get a region locked key and 2) you should never activate a game using a VPN, just buy it with one, stop the VPN and then activate the key as per usual.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone see the movie 'Rampage'. I can't stand the rock but I remember playing the game as a kid so I'm curiouso.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
you can't stand the rock? How does that happen? I mean, he's in a lot of bad movies and he really doesn't act, but the guy's pretty great.

I don't hate him personally, he made his way in life and I have no quarrels. I only have to know he is in a movie and then I know there will be nothing but him standing around a green screen doing impossible feats that are so unreal I can't even lose myself in the immersion---just eye rolls. I love the fact that hundreds of people die in his movies, but never him and the message is we don't care about anyone as long as he survives (or anyone he cares about).
Super annoying. He's not funny. He's a massive guy that does things a 6-5 260 lbs guy could never do. It is just frustrating.
Guy can dance around dozens of men shooting full auto and he is ok.

ALSO, I just watched Rampage and he got shot in the abdomen and didn't bleed out in the several hours of running jumping and traversing CGI green screen destruction and didn't even have a blood soaked shirt. C'mon, watch a western, a gut shot is the most slow painful debilitating death.

Sorry Rock, I hate your movies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't hate him personally, he made his way in life and I have no quarrels. I only have to know he is in a movie and then I know there will be nothing but him standing around a green screen doing impossible feats that are so unreal I can't even lose myself in the immersion---just eye rolls. I love the fact that hundreds of people die in his movies, but never him and the message is we don't care about anyone as long as he survives (or anyone he cares about).
Super annoying. He's not funny. He's a massive guy that does things a 6-5 260 lbs guy could never do. It is just frustrating.
Guy can dance around dozens of men shooting full auto and he is ok.

ALSO, I just watched Rampage and he got shot in the abdomen and didn't bleed out in the several hours of running jumping and traversing CGI green screen destruction and didn't even have a blood soaked shirt. C'mon, watch a western, a gut shot is the most slow painful debilitating death.

Sorry Rock, I hate your movies.
I mean yeah, he's a cheesy action movie star. Not liking those movies makes sense. They are mindless and dumb. But sometimes that's okay if it's done right. Most of his aren't sadly.

Reactions: Brandinho

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I mean yeah, he's a cheesy action movie star. Not liking those movies makes sense. They are mindless and dumb. But sometimes that's okay if it's done right. Most of his aren't sadly.

Agreed. I'd argue that he's never the problem, he just has a very limited range so he ends up taking roles in mostly poor movies. I thought he did well in Pain & Gain, though.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
haha... so if the deaths are not real then neither is anything else in the movie. It is total fiction. All fake nonsense that will never happen in reality. How can you get into that?
you just described the majority of fiction. I assume you don't like fantasy or sci fi? What kind of movies do you like?

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
you just described the majority of fiction. I assume you don't like fantasy or sci fi? What kind of movies do you like?

Aw c'mon almost all movies are fiction. I like a dozens of movies a year, but the rock movies. NO. JUST NO! I WONT DEGRADE MYSELF!
:naughty:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dwayne the action star. I bet no one though a dude named Dwayne would be the biggest action star in Hollywood after Arnold "Arnie" and Sylvester "Sly."

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Aw c'mon almost all movies are fiction. I like a dozens of movies a year, but the rock movies. NO. JUST NO! I WONT DEGRADE MYSELF!
:naughty:
Hey I'm not saying you have to like them. But I don't have a problem with movies being unrealistic. Think of them as basically superhero movies. Modern setting fantasy. I mean, how many orcs could Aragorn kill on his own? That's no more realistic, even if you accept that orcs exist.

Again though, I actually agree most of his movies are bad. I just think your reasoning is silly :laugh: that kind of movie can be made well, just look at the 80s.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But when you add in "the rock" it sounds a lot better
The rock is a terrible movie name. I don't get why 50 cent uses his rapper name too. Even Ice Cube now that his son acts with his proper name. Just use your damn name. The rock is billed as "Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson." I can live with that.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The rock is a terrible movie name. I don't get why 50 cent uses his rapper name too. Even Ice Cube now that his son acts with his proper name. Just use your damn name. The rock is billed as "Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson." I can live with that.
How is the rock a terrible movie name? The guy is built like he's chiselled from rock, he's earned it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I ended up finishing that hockey stick end table I was taking about yesterday, it actually turned out pretty decent:

Sorry for the potato quality photo, my camera has been messed up since I shattered the glass of the protector in the fall. I'm just waiting on an acrylic sheet to arrive so I can have that as the table top.

Edit: I forgot my selfie camera still works fine, so I'd rather take an actual quality version of that. Sorry for anyone who missed my cat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad