Not open for further replies.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
"It's Algonquin for bloodsport?" "It's not Algonquin for anything!"
97450e17-fb16-45c9-b6d8-737bf8ec9d84_screenshot.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The biggest problem with Sony is that it doesn't play nice with the other consoles. They're selling a ton of their consoles, yet you can't cross platform with them.

Xbox, PC, Nintendo will, but Sony is all like "nah, **** you."

It's the Betamax all over again.

On a random note, I wish game studios would stop forcing MP into games that are better as SP games. Or game series that used to be SP, but now they insist on mucking it up with a MP feature.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
And yes I know the original RDR had multiplayer but Rockstar didn't blatantly favour it over single player like how they did with GTA V and how they probably will this time around with RDR 2 now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yep. Like how Rockstar Games did with GTA V and how I'm sure they will with Red Dead Redemption 2 now also.

:shakehead

I mean RDP is multiplayer, so that continuing is fine, also GTAV and RDP/RDP2 have campaign mode which is fun to play and there are so man side missions and things to do that if you didn't even want to bother with the MP mode, you've got loads of time to explore and just do what you want, you can also go into MP and just do your own thing as well, I believe there is an option to avoid the idiots.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
anyone looking for a classic style JRPG, give Battle Chasers: Nightwar a try. Story is pretty generic but the art is cool and the combat is great.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Oh I know. I just don't want the single player campaign of RDR 2 to suffer in favor of multiplayer horse****tery.
Yup. I'm also concerned that this Fallout Online game is going to lead to multiplayer in Fallout 5 and siphon off resources. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man I need to see a nutritionist or something.

I have so many dietary restrictions with Gout, Celiac, and Shellfish allergies, but I am also allergic to peanuts and chick peas in addition to being lactose intolerant.

Now, when I eat eggs, I feel nauseated, but when I eat eggs benedict I'm ok. Wth?

My gf is always worried with my diet, because I work out a lot and I need to consume food. Eating sandwiches can get really boring after a while as well as lactose free cottage cheese and greek yogurt with fruits.

Sometimes I eat a chicken breast, but man I have to choke that down, I would eat a steak instead but red meat that often would be brutal for a gout trigger.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Man I need to see a nutritionist or something.

I have so many dietary restrictions with Gout, Celiac, and Shellfish allergies, but I am also allergic to peanuts and chick peas in addition to being lactose intolerant.

Now, when I eat eggs, I feel nauseated, but when I eat eggs benedict I'm ok. Wth?

My gf is always worried with my diet, because I work out a lot and I need to consume food. Eating sandwiches can get really boring after a while as well as lactose free cottage cheese and greek yogurt with fruits.

Sometimes I eat a chicken breast, but man I have to choke that down, I would eat a steak instead but red meat that often would be brutal for a gout trigger.
There's something about eggs ... I wanna say it's the whites that most people are sensitive to? Something about the cooking temp and how it effects the proteins, which in turn effect your reaction to it. It's been a while since I looked it up, but there's a lot of info on it and how to deal with it.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
f*** every executive who is forcing multiplayer into single-player series to attract a new audience.

You're losing me as your existing audience, assholes.

Fallout 76 is something I want to be hyped for, but the game looks like an MMO from everything I'm hearing. You can play on your own until you reach a certain point in the game where you're going to need to work with people to advance. Todd Howard tried to assure us that you can play it single-player, but Sea of Thieves tried to sell that too, and even if that game had content, doing so by yourself was equal parts untenable and just not fun.

GTA Online was the worst thing to happen to video gaming since Gears of War turned everything gray and brown for a decade.

RDR2 is worrying me now too, which I can't say surprises me given that it is Rockstar, who learned their lesson that a smaller audience that'll pay out their ass to always have the most current content or whatever bullshit pays far more than selling a $60 story twice. Groan.

We better see a different tone next year. Usually when the industry decides to move in one direction altogether, they realize (that is to say they shutter studios who were only following orders from their corporate overlords) that they're chasing a finite customer base that isn't going to throw hundreds of dollars at numerous games, just one, and the industry corrects itself...remember when Capcom said nobody wanted to play horror games, and then all anybody played on Steam for a couple years were indie horror games? By chasing the most money they're leaving profitable gaps in the industry that will be filled by other companies.

FWIW I'm not against multiplayer games existing, I get that, but exist separately because there is zero potential for cross-over appeal to someone like me. While I'm a little annoyed that I'm not getting a new Elder Scrolls game this generation, at least tESO is upfront and not trying to market itself as anything that it's not. Have GTA Online...and have GTA 6. Have The Elder Scrolls Online...and have The Elder Scrolls 6. Have RDR Online...and have a single-player RDR sequel. Hell, The Last of Us Part II is going to have multiplayer again, reachable from the menu, meaning I can completely ignore it while enjoying my ~15-20 hour narrative in whatever qualifies as peace in that universe.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What am I missing about GTA5? Didn't that game have a full single player game plus the online mode on top of it? Why is that a problem? Or am I wrong about that?

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Was the DLC for IV the biker gang and the nightclub owner or were they a separate game? I know you can buy them as a self-included game disc but wasn't sure if they were considered the DLC or an independent release like the "Episodes from..." games were.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Was the DLC for IV the biker gang and the nightclub owner or were they a separate game? I know you can buy them as a self-included game disc but wasn't sure if they were considered the DLC or an independent release like the "Episodes from..." games were.

The Lost and the Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony did require GTA IV to work.

DLC was sold as boxed content more in the previous generation (given my original XBox 360 had 20 GB of storage this is understandable).

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Got it. I played and enjoyed Lost and the Damned but never got a chance to try Ballad of Gay Tony but heard it was pretty solid.

Did you like the "Episodes From..." games? The GTA III Liberty City had one and Vice City had one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad