OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Feel free to post loads of pics of your dog.
EDDA56F5-7E24-4F0B-945E-BDD66B4818A1.jpg

That's our dog taken during a hike this past fall. Thankfully he avoids puddles unlike our last dog haha. I had problems uploading because all the files were too big.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I got both of my dogs from friends/coworkers of my wife. The first was a girl who apparently didn't have her dogs neutered. Well her house dog got out and knocked up by the outside dog, and we got a beagle mix puppy. The other is a pit of some sort. Another of my wife's coworkers got a new job where she couldn't really handle a dog properly, so we adopted her when she was just over a year old.

The pit is super fun and super dumb. The beagle is a brat. Poor thing has seizures every once in a while. The worst part is she can tell when they are coming on and she comes up to us so damn scared. It breaks my heart every time. And my dumb pit doesn't understand why we give the other so much attention while it's happening, so she gets jealous and starts licking us.

eM9iue7.jpg

AoCkGCg.jpg

fd7wQ1z.jpg

EiWNbJU.jpg

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I got both of my dogs from friends/coworkers of my wife. The first was a girl who apparently didn't have her dogs neutered. Well her house dog got out and knocked up by the outside dog, and we got a beagle mix puppy. The other is a pit of some sort. Another of my wife's coworkers got a new job where she couldn't really handle a dog properly, so we adopted her when she was just over a year old.

The pit is super fun and super dumb. The beagle is a brat. Poor thing has seizures every once in a while. The worst part is she can tell when they are coming on and she comes up to us so damn scared. It breaks my heart every time. And my dumb pit doesn't understand why we give the other so much attention while it's happening, so she gets jealous and starts licking us.

eM9iue7.jpg

AoCkGCg.jpg

fd7wQ1z.jpg

EiWNbJU.jpg
Cute pups. Too bad the one has seizures. Is it bad I immediately thought about Flight of the Conchords when I read that? It is bad, I'm a bad person...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My only ask for the Phillips/Scorcese Joker movie is a scene where Joker murders people with The Joker by Steve Miller Band playing.

That's all I ask.

In slow motion.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Regarding uploading pictures ... it's better to upload them to Imgur.

You don't have to create an account, just go to Imgur.

At the top of the page on the left click on the green 'New post' button. You can upload from you HDD or use a URL.

Once your 'post' is created, hover over it and you'll see a box/button on the right labeled 'Copy' with a downward arrow beside it.

Click the arrow and choose 'Get share links'. You'll get a box with different options on it. Click on 'Copy' under the BBCode (Forums) options.

Open/return to the thread you want to add a photo/gif to. Go to the response box at the bottom, right click your mouse and select paste, or CTR + V or however you paste things. And viola, there it is.

Imgur will store your picture for a really long time anonymously and pretty much forever or until you delete it if you have an account. Much easier than uploading attachments here, and there's no real limits like there are here. You can also edit your photo on Imgur once you upload, including resize and crop. Which would be kind to do if your picture is really big since our site doesn't scale the photos. The 'Edit' option is in the same place you'll find the 'Get share links' option. And no, I don't work for Imgur, but I do use it a lot.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It's tough finding a good shelter here in Vancouver. There was this one place that had this adorable little dog, but then I read reviews on google, 25 reviews, all horrifying statements of being a puppy mill and they run as a shelter.

Disgusting.

The good rescues my friend (vet tech) knew aren’t around anymore. She said even though the SPCA gets a bad rep it’s the place she’d still recommend.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I wasn't overly happy walking out of the theater last night after The Last Jedi, but after sleeping on it and some discussion I'm really happy with it. Certainly needs another viewing.

I will say, without giving any spoilers, that there is one shot that might be my favorite shot in any movie. The picture, the sound, the sheer awe of the moment... it was beautiful. I think I let out an audible "Whoa..." while watching it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I wasn't overly happy walking out of the theater last night after The Last Jedi, but after sleeping on it and some discussion I'm really happy with it. Certainly needs another viewing.

I will say, without giving any spoilers, that there is one shot that might be my favorite shot in any movie. The picture, the sound, the sheer awe of the moment... it was beautiful. I think I let out an audible "Whoa..." while watching it.
I loved a lot of it. Some threads were just okay. Phasma still sucks.

Reactions: Winger for Hire

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I understand the Phasma/Fett comparisons in the sense that they're both secondary antagonists who don't do much of anything, but at least Fett looked cool and got sassy with Vader.

Phasma looked ridiculous in that stupid chrome armor and the high point of her role in either movie was getting tossed in the trash.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I understand the Phasma/Fett comparisons in the sense that they're both secondary antagonists who don't do much of anything, but at least Fett looked cool and got sassy with Vader.

Phasma looked ridiculous in that stupid chrome armor and the high point of her role in either movie was getting tossed in the trash.
They didn't try to force Fett either. He was just there, and people thought he was cool. They are trying to make Phasma cool, but it just doesn't work. Dial it back a bit and she'd be fine.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That’s so sad. It took them 3 days to damn well act?

The little tyrant would probably handle being removed from me like a champ. As long as there’s attention and comfort. She was a bit difficult about eating after moving but still did it and I think was mostly bothered about the direction she was facing... she’s a weirdo. I don’t think she’s ever missed a meal. She’s from a breeder who wanted to put her down but was dying and couldn’t fight with the owners of the parents.

View attachment 88227

View attachment 88231

Here's a pic of my old Frenchie. She passed in 2012 of cancer (HSA) at seven and a half.

38867502716_a736df_192sq.jpg

That one rules the roost. She had her first female puppy thingy, if you follow my meaning, before we got her fixed. Used a diaper. She figured out how to lick her leg enough so that it would just slide off.

One morning, I wake at like 5am and smell poop. Look under the covers, there she is, no diaper, looking at me like 'hey, turn off the lights'. Search the bed frantically. Finally, I kind of get up in bed, and there, face up on my pillow, about 6 inches from where the back of my head had been, was her crap infested diaper, just waiting for me to roll over into it while I was still asleep.

Suffice it to say, she got fixed under that.

My other favorite story with her was that she once got to spend about 5 hours under Alyssa Milano's butt. :laugh:

(got bumped to first on a LA to Ft Lauderdale flight, got assigned the bulkhead; she had the seat behind and switched; actually a big dog lover, signed her boaring pass for my sister in law 'Coco stole my seat').

She led a charmed life . . . alas nowhere near long enough. :cry:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

This one reminded me of Revenge in terms of the unfilled promise. The way Snoke and Rey stories are wasted where flushing it out even with 5 minutes you easily could've taken from the Disney moments. And, yes, I get it, it's a Disney movie, but so was Rogue One, so it's not like they can't do it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->