Player Discussion: BIG Adam Lowry

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
hehe but realistically, no matter if you view Petan as good or bad, he plays very few minutes and so any change there is quite marginal.

Hendricks, due to his heavyily porous penalty killing, is the much larger source of marginal gain.

Best case scenario is we see a scoring line centre join, since we have 3 lines worth of scoring line quality wingers (Connor, Roslovic, Ehlers, Laine, Perreault, and Wheeler) and only 2 lines worth of scoring line quality centres (Scheifele and Little).

Lowry is quite capable of being the pivot for one of those lines, but to optimize would place him on a shutdown line with two of Copp, Armia, Tanev, and Dano, and then have someone else on the scoring line.

That is where Lowry's return would have the largest marginal impact on the team.

It's taken awhile, but I absolutely agree with you.

Would this be Roslovic moving to Centre? I'm not sure if he's "driving" enough to make that happen.

I suppose Armia would be able to play with skilled players in a scoring role.

Shut down line of Copp, Lowry, Tanev.

I would hate to them bring in a rental player. Something about a guy playing in a non-playoff team, getting traded and taking a roster spot from a guy on playoff team seems wrong.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Weird cuz yesterday on 1290 they said Trouba is 2-4 weeks and Lowry wouldn't return til after him.

They gave incorrect info. Maurice has said that both Lowry and Trouba would travel with the team on the 6 game road trip and he expected Lowry back before Trouba. Chevy said basically the same thing on Monday giving a 7-10 day timeline for Lowry and saying Trouba was more of an unknown because it's tough to tell with high ankles

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
They gave incorrect info. Maurice has said that both Lowry and Trouba would travel with the team on the 6 game road trip and he expected Lowry back before Trouba. Chevy said basically the same thing on Monday giving a 7-10 day timeline for Lowry and saying Trouba was more of an unknown because it's tough to tell with high ankles
This quells my anxiety. Thank you Avco.

Reactions: allan5oh

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maurice now says he won't play on the road trip and it's possible Trouba could return to the lineup ahead of him.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a date with a shoulder surgeon in the offseason

I would place money on it (100% speculation though). Obviously he has something that isn't responding the way they expect but probably something that they don't think they need to shut him down for the season on yet. "If" they are going to surgically repair it after the season anyways maybe they feel that any additional damage will be corrected anyways in the off season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I would say that Lowry will need surgery, and it's likely a tear in the rotor cuff, or one of many tendons, muscles in the shoulder. I know many guys that have had this, and also read up on it a lot. Problem is it's painful recovery and 2-3 months for it to fully heal.

I guess their hoping it will heal naturally, but if it's a small tear in one of these tendons or muscles, it will likely need surgery "for sure." It "will not" heal by itself fully, and limit motion, and give pain-- but I think with cortisone shots, it surely brings down the pain and it's OK for 3-4 weeks. Powerful anti-inflamatory that cortisone is. ( worked for me)

I t can also be "tendonitis" which occurs after overuse. ( I had it) It will heal itself but it needs a little time, and you can't start overusing that muscle group again. They would know from an MRI. When I had tendonitis, and it flared up, I had trouble lifting a cup of coffee--that's how weak it gets. Mine went away, by stopping that a certain exercise I was doing with weights. Took a while though. Cortisone worked well for me though.

Last edited:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Most shoulder surgeries are 4-6 months recovery timeline

For the most part you are 100% correct Aavco-- especially for a hockey player--very likely 4 months least, but could go to 6 months to fully heal. Shoulders are tough things to fix properly.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Its become SOP with PMo's day to day.

When is Toby coming back? He wasn't supposed to be out at all.

PoMo's injury updates remind me of our last roofing contractor.

- We'll be there today.
- We'll be there tomorrow.
- End of the week. Guaranteed.
- It's gonna have to be the spring, now. Can't do eaves-troughing in the snow.
- We're fully booked through June.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
If it's his shoulder, and he comes back and can't play a physical game they might as well shut him down for the year, of course that is if it's his shoulder.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If it's his shoulder, and he comes back and can't play a physical game they might as well shut him down for the year, of course that is if it's his shoulder.

Very true what you say, and if he does come back, he'll likely be in and out of the lineup, and will be able to get by with cortisone shots. Stuff is magic. I'm quite sure he will have surgery in the off season, from what I see.

He can still play a very physical game-- just can't use that shoulder a lot, or get in a fight, which would really stress it, and it may not have the strength to withstand that stress.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
What do we do with Lowry next year? Do we sign him as 3C and play Roslo as a winger? Do we sign him and play 4c? Is he an overpayment if all that is available is 4c? Is Copp a capable 4c? Where do we stand with Lowry in all the decisions for next year.
Is it too early to even think about?

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
What do we do with Lowry next year? Do we sign him as 3C and play Roslo as a winger? Do we sign him and play 4c? Is he an overpayment if all that is available is 4c? Is Copp a capable 4c? Where do we stand with Lowry in all the decisions for next year.
Is it too early to even think about?
Yes, it's too early. Wait till you see him in the playoffs--if he stays healthy, I suspect you will change your estimation of his value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->