Player Discussion: BIG Adam Lowry

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think you are missing the whole purpose of that 3rd line. its not to score 1st but match up against other teams best lines and allow possibly both connor and roslovic now easier matchups on the 4th line.
You can have a shutdown 3rd line or a line that is defensively responsible (with Lowry and Roslovic) but with Connor offers a bit more on the offensive side, which makes the Jets very difficult to handle. Which opposing team’s d pairing do they get? Which line do they match?

I’m more in favour of a best vs best forward line match up.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ok great didnt read it. Didnt listen to his audio yet.

But not great the injury.

He just said UBI same injury he had before but not as severe. Then he went on to describe Lowry had full range of motion etc. before he came back the last time.

Reactions: Jetsfareast

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So this went from Lowry being a possibility for the next game after he got hurt to him not even skating 2 weeks later and no apparent timeline in sight. I wonder what is going on. Usually the Jets atleast give us a timeline of recovery even if it is months. This however keeps going on day-to-day-day-to-day--day-to-day--day-to-day-day-to-day-day-to-day

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So this went from Lowry being a possibility for the next game after he got hurt to him not even skating 2 weeks later and no apparent timeline in sight. I wonder what is going on. Usually the Jets atleast give us a timeline of recovery even if it is months. This however keeps going on day-to-day-day-to-day--day-to-day--day-to-day-day-to-day-day-to-day
Is the local media even asking the Jets about this?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Is the local media even asking the Jets about this?

I have to admit I am confused. A head injury would make sense but they are not denying concussions with two of their other players so why would they with Adam? I guess it could be the same shoulder and they are being ultra cautious and it is not responding the way they thought or hoped?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have to admit I am confused. A head injury would make sense but they are not denying concussions with two of their other players so why would they with Adam? I guess it could be the same shoulder and they are being ultra cautious and it is not responding the way they thought or hoped?
My guess is a back injury of some kind, which would keep him off the ice until it improves substantially. I hope not, because back injuries can be very unpredictable and chronic.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My guess is a back injury of some kind, which would keep him off the ice until it improves substantially. I hope not, because back injuries can be very unpredictable and chronic.

Good point how could I forget the back and yes they can be really tough to heel properly. Hopefully it’s not that.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Lowry has a shoulder injury. The last time he got hurt, I saw him reaching under his shoulder pads ( left I think) and he looked like he was in a lot of discomfort on the bench. Some shoulders injuries are tough to fix, and some are "not" really fixable.

If it's a fracture in the collar bone, or clavicle or something, it ill heal no problem. It also could be something like a torn rotator cuff or something, and that would need surgery, as well as any other torn tendons- which it likely is.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with him. I think Copp can fill in fine for him- same type of player- big and fast, and a defensive type player. They both can't score that well, so I don't think we'll miss a beat. Be nice to have him back though.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Nope. At very least the media should ask Maurice if Lowry is still considered "day to day" or is it a "week to week" situation now.

Every press avail, Maurice's updates by saying not skating yet. It's probably a week or more away once he does get back on the ice.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Good update today, ahead of Trouba's anticipated return. Still confused as to why he has not been on the ice, not from the team but we have heard it was his shoulder which should indicate he should be able to skate to keep his legs semi in shape. Presuming he is able to do some other cardio as well but haven't heard that, at least I have not.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Ok, I'll bite... When Petan gets taken out of the lineup for Lowry, the benefit with be HUGE!

hehe but realistically, no matter if you view Petan as good or bad, he plays very few minutes and so any change there is quite marginal.

Hendricks, due to his heavyily porous penalty killing, is the much larger source of marginal gain.

Best case scenario is we see a scoring line centre join, since we have 3 lines worth of scoring line quality wingers (Connor, Roslovic, Ehlers, Laine, Perreault, and Wheeler) and only 2 lines worth of scoring line quality centres (Scheifele and Little).

Lowry is quite capable of being the pivot for one of those lines, but to optimize would place him on a shutdown line with two of Copp, Armia, Tanev, and Dano, and then have someone else on the scoring line.

That is where Lowry's return would have the largest marginal impact on the team.

Reactions: HPsauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad