Player Discussion: BIG Adam Lowry

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Another game where Lowry line was the best line on ice. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Whenever they are on the ice these I feel no stress that a goal is going to be scored against us. They have been better than the Scheifele line during this roadtrip which is kinda sad.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lowry has been outstanding. So has Copp. Tanev has earned his way into a regular role.

Those were three popular whipping boys of HF Jets Board not very long ago.

I agree Lowry has grown into a key piece on this team and Copp may be one of the most underrated guys on our Jets. Blend away with the rest if they have to but let this line play together a while longer.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
I am so impressed at Lowry’s skating tbh, guy has obviously put in a shift in the offseason and he just always seems to be in the right place.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I agree Lowry has grown into a key piece on this team and Copp may be one of the most underrated guys on our Jets. Blend away with the rest if they have to but let this line play together a while longer.
These are the type of guys that are really key in the playoffs, because they can play in very heavy and tight games, and chip in with some offense. Copp is a plus skater with physicality and good hands. Lowry is now a good NHL skater, and is hard to play against. He also has decent hands. Both of them are very smart with the puck.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I guess your definition of decent is a little worse then most i guess.

Also don’t think it’s appropriate to call what someone says “garbage” when I’d say their opinion is regarded pretty well on our board.
What? My opinion is pretty well regarded by my mom and that guy who liked my post that one time. Are we voting on posts now? I have to like his opinion because you think I should? Saying Lowry has good hands is like saying Laine doesn't have the best beard in hockey.

Lowry does not have good hands.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I know. It's hard to handle that, after spending months hating on players, they've turned into a great 3rd line. Don't worry. It'll be ok.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hands...

For both of you...

jesus_jazzhands.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Underrated? More like overrated! No vision, can't pass or accept a pass, not much hockey IQ.......skates well, hustles, reliable, defensively responsible for the most part..

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
These are the type of guys that are really key in the playoffs, because they can play in very heavy and tight games, and chip in with some offense. Copp is a plus skater with physicality and good hands. Lowry is now a good NHL skater, and is hard to play against. He also has decent hands. Both of them are very smart with the puck.

Well said Whileee. These are the types of character players that TNSE were extremely reluctant to lose in the Expansion Draft. In my opinion, Adam & Andrew are great teammates, in addition to being a vital part of any Organization that preaches team first values. A player's understanding/acceptance of their skill-set and role, is often times half of the internal battle. "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard".

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Lowry has arrived in terms of being a real impact player in the NHL. Saying he has decent hands is probably accurate, he won't blow you away with any puck skills but he has a long reach and he plays behind the puck all the time in order not to get caught. Copp has matured from a skittish young tweener into a real player. He doesn't panic with the puck and has slowed down his game enough to make some good plays. Tanev is just a little bottle of energy drink and I would not like to play against him. He's like that annoying guy at beer league that tries way too hard all the time. It's a good line.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Underrated? More like overrated! No vision, can't pass or accept a pass, not much hockey IQ.......skates well, hustles, reliable, defensively responsible for the most part..
I think we're watching different players, Sip. I'm watching #9.

:)

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Uuhhh Sip, Copp just scored. Think you should be redirecting your “Sip jinx” towards Schief, Wheels, or maybe even Helly? ;)

Reactions: sipowicz

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Maurice is building the team from Adam Lowry out.

I personally find the narrative that "Lowry line is only having success because of Maurice's system which for some reason works for them and only them" a bit hard to swallow. I find that they are having success because they play an incredibly clean game in their own zone, don't let the other team start a cycle too often, cleanly exit the zone and are hard on pucks in the offensive zone. Not sure what about that style is can be done by them and not the other lines. How often do you see that line blindly dump the puck out of their own zone or turn the puck over when in their own zone when in complete possession of it (something that our top 2 lines do all too often)?

Lets give credit where credit is due.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Still would like to see Roslovic on Lowry’s line replacing Tanev. Tanev is a black hole offensively.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But really why only bring one Moose up. Bring Lemieux up for Lowry's line and Roslo for Hendricks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad