Recalled/Assigned: Bibeau and Granberg Re-assigned to the Marlies

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
And what has Bernier done with what is apparently a better team on paper then years past? Your initial post blaming Reimer for this collapse is wrong, look at the stats and GP clearly its not Reimers fault but ignorance is bliss i suppose.

Lmfao. Bernier was the reason why this team was in a playoff spots. His goalie point share was top 5 last year. His GSAA and GAA was top ten last year as well. I hate this Bernier accomplished nothing argument because it wasn't his fault, their team collapsed when he got injured. But I guess your proud our back up led us to a historical collapse in a shorten season.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Lmfao. Bernier was the reason why this team was in a playoff spots. His goalie point share was top 5 last year. His GSAA and GAA was top ten last year as well. I hate this Bernier accomplished nothing argument because it wasn't his fault, their team collapsed when he got injured. But I guess your proud our back up led us to a historical collapse in a shorten season.
Lol was!!! And hes also part of the reason why we are not.

FTR im not a Reimer or Bernier fanboy I am of the belief that we are still in need if a number 1G so no im not ignorant.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Lol was!!! And hes also part of the reason why we are not.

FTR im not a Reimer or Bernier fanboy I am of the belief that we are still in need if a number 1G so no im not ignorant.

Could you elaborate your first statement? Are you talking about this year or last year?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Guess that means Dion is back. Gross.

Well no, they were emergency recalls, and now that they know Franson is ok Granberg goes back down because they can ice 18 skaters. I assume the same for Bernier, and Bibeau having 2 healthy goalies..

Dion might be back next game, but I wouldn't call this a sign that he is.

Dion was just put on IR to make room for Bibeau on the 23 man roster.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Didn't they place Phaneuf on injured reserve? Don't you have to be out for so long if you are placed there?

it was retroactive to January 21st, and you only have to be on IR for 7 days until you're eligible to come back so even though he was only put on IR yesterday, he was eligible to be taken off of it again January 28th, so basically anytime after the put him on there.

buttman*

Bernier has been a below average goalie. Nothing special. Nothing to get excited about. If your idea about playing well means being outplayed by a while bunch of goalies -- well then welcome to Leaf land.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Bernier has been a below average goalie. Nothing special. Nothing to get excited about. If your idea about playing well means being outplayed by a while bunch of goalies -- well then welcome to Leaf land.

5 MIL $ GOALIE NEXT YEAR IS WHAT HE WILL WANT:nod:

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
In my opinion Bernier is a good goalie who has a bad month in front of a bad team. He carried this team completely on his back last season. Do people not remember? Even the most elite goaltenders in this league go through bad stretches. Look at Quick and Lundqvist, they've had their fair share of regular season struggles and they are among the league's best.

In fact, if you recall, it was Lombardi who said that Bernier was a major reason for them making the playoffs the year they won the cup. They waited around for Quick to get going for a long time and during that period Bernier came in and stole some very important games for them until Quick starting tearing it up and eventually goes on to win the Conn Smythe.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad