Biased Commentators

Russian Roulette

Jul 27, 2016
Sin City, NV
John Shannon, Cox, McCown, Brunt...etc. blatantly hates/attacks the Leafs, not even trying to hide it or anything. He's employed in the city where because of the high demand for the club they have several outlets devoted to coverage.

Now, I'm not saying don't ever be critical or have an differing opinion. But how are these individuals like him in the industry allowed to get air time?

I guess negative press sells too. Maybe I'm over reacting but it pisses me off sometimes when I hear these clown trash our team and get payed big bucks to do so.

/rant.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Never understood why people listen to things that cause them such distress.

National Broadcast Saturday Night HNIC features two big knobs who love to cheer for Western teams vs the Leafs.

It doesn't work to turn down the volume and listen to Bowen.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
National Broadcast Saturday Night HNIC features two big knobs who love to cheer for Western teams vs the Leafs.

It doesn't work to turn down the volume and listen to Bowen.
Seems like an odd thing to worry about when they haven't played in two months and aren't due to play for another 3.

Reactions: Cams

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
someone listens to bobcat period. what a blowhard
He makes no bones about not being a hockey fan. He is a very knowledgeable person about baseball and basketball. Why anyone would listen to him talk about hockey is funny. I like that he speaks openly about his opinion and pulls no punches, he is not for everyone but I enjoy listening to his takes about baseball, basketball, golf and througbred horse racing.

Reactions: meefer

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
John Shannon, Cox, McCown, Brunt...etc. blatantly hates/attacks the Leafs, not even trying to hide it or anything. He's employed in the city where because of the high demand for the club they have several outlets devoted to coverage.

Now, I'm not saying don't ever be critical or have an differing opinion. But how are these individuals like him in the industry allowed to get air time?

I guess negative press sells too. Maybe I'm over reacting but it pisses me off sometimes when I hear these clown trash our team and get payed big bucks to do so.

/rant.

I was affected in the same way by a TV show when I was 3 year old.

I made the decision to stop watching it.

Would you like a life lesson from a 3 year old?

Reactions: White Shadow

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
McCown doesn’t know much about hockey or baseball so take everything he says with a grain of salt.
For years he’s had to promote basketball so of course he’s dumped on hockey and the Leafs.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Do not give the dinosaurs clicks or views or listens. Eventually, they will cease to exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad