Bhawks players Value.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
in another thread, a discussion was going on Duncan Keith - dman and his value..

let me post this, per his stat, gp - 80. goals - 6, assist - 47, +/- = + 22. this tells me and shows that he has value. regardless of what everyone eye-test shows, he does have value esp on the offensive side.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/keithdu01.html

Of course he has value. A ton of it. Despite being a little older. He's still a top 5 defenseman in the NHL, or at the very worst, like top 7.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He has value on offense but is erratic getting the puck to the net. Even without the eye test, which we've all passed at this point with him, look at the goal totals and shot totals on your link. He's the human crapshoot. Forsling and Franson get pucks to the net. Keith has a great shot-pass but otherwise just let's a cannon shot go, spray and pray.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He has value on offense but is erratic getting the puck to the net. Even without the eye test, which we've all passed at this point with him, look at the goal totals and shot totals on your link. He's the human crapshoot. Forsling and Franson get pucks to the net. Keith has a great shot-pass but otherwise just let's a cannon shot go, spray and pray.
the point is many are focusing on every game and judging him, but this is me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
the point is many are focusing on every game and judging him, but this is me.

Ok, you're talking in general, yeah, no point ragging on Keith. He's 34 and still well within his prime. I don't read the GDTs regularly so I don't know what kind of craziness is going on in there.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think the only thing people are judging is Q's affinity for keeping Duncs on the PP for all these years. He is good at keeping pucks in, yes. So I'd have him on the 2nd unit. But he can't hit the net with a beach ball, while standing next to it. Put Forsling or Seabs or Rutta or someone on the 1st unit. Put Keith on the second unit. Problem solved.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I don't think anyone thinks Keith has negative value. But he keeps on being put in situations where he's not good--like point shots. This is not a new phenomenon at all. Last night's "3 shins in a row" might be a new record, but it's not like him having a shin fetish just happened recently.

On one hand, a guy of his hockeyIQ should, at some point, realize that his point shot is an exercise in futility not unlike the Coyote trying to get the Road Runner. On the other hand, Q & Co have to take some blame for putting him out there. They're essentially violating Evil Overlord Rule #88: "If a group of henchmen fail miserably at a task, I will not berate them for incompetence then send the same group out to try the task again." (Geek humor, sorry)

Like most have said, get him off the top PP unit.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i guess it all goes back to what i said earlier on another thread, Q inability to adapt.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i guess it all goes back to what i said earlier on another thread, Q inability to adapt.

He normally adapts just fine... it's this one thing with Keith and the top PP unit. For whatever reason, he thinks Keith should always be out there. Despite our 2nd unit having more success without him out there.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Last night he looked like he aged 5 years in the offseason. He got walked not once, but twice cleanly by Zach Friggen Hyman!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad