Pre-Game Talk: Beware of Lightning in Ottawa, tonight @ 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I dunno. Those jerseys still look like upgraded practice jerseys to me. I think it's the particular shade of red (kinda orangey) and the plainness of the jersey. Needs some sort of black on the shoulder or something.

But that game....so much more fun to see a faster pace, more up-tempo game. Firewagon hockey is fun hockey.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The claim was made that "Tampa Bay does better at marketing the Lightning than Ottawa does the Senators"

I knew right away that the person who posted this, had absolutely no way of proving this............ so I asked for proof.
It’s oretty well known sens marketing is lacking. As much of their departments are. We still have a commercial with Kyle turris celebrating against New York......

Not to mention over the years sens marketing has been catered to the complete wrong crowd

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
It’s oretty well known sens marketing is lacking. As much of their departments are. We still have a commercial with Kyle turris celebrating against New York......

Not to mention over the years sens marketing has been catered to the complete wrong crowd

Not even just that, they still have his face on the wallpaper around CTC.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I was at the game on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. However, the expense of the tickets and parking and food was exorbitant. I only went with one of my kids. If I went to the game as a family (5 people), even with cheap seats, we'd still be looking at $350 or so. If we went once a week, that'd be $1400 a month. That's a mortgage payment for most people.
Going to the game was great and definitely a fun experience. However it just isn't worth that much money. Not even close. That's the elephant in the room right now.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
The claim was made that "Tampa Bay does better at marketing the Lightning than Ottawa does the Senators"

I knew right away that the person who posted this, had absolutely no way of proving this............ so I asked for proof.

The Sens have a marketing department?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

So the Marketing department made a commercial, using footage from last springs' playoff series successes, to promote the Sens for this season ........... and now their commercial is "lacking" because they do not have a veto on player trades, to keep their commercial current.

iu

I wonder, who is the "right crowd"?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So the Marketing department made a commercial, using footage from last springs' playoff series successes, to promote the Sens for this season ........... and now their commercial is "lacking" because they do not have a veto on player trades, to keep their commercial current.

No I think the point is that they could just change it
Especially now that we have some nice Duchene highlights

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Also, TV does not do it justice. Duchene and Stone are ridiculously good when you see them play live and up close. We had lower level seats and I was utterly shocked at how skilled those guys are. Karlsson is other worldly.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It's probably not a good idea to run promos that have Kyle Turris in them. I understand if it aired a few days after the trade, but it's been two months. It doesn't take much to swap that highlight with the Duchene breakaway goal vs CBJ. And if it's true that Turris' face is still shown around CTC, that's awful too.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

iu

iu

Yeah. Man I’m really advocating marketing department to have power over player trades. That’s my end game, that’s my agenda.

Reactions: Engineer

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's probably not a good idea to run promos that have Kyle Turris in them. I understand if it aired a few days after the trade, but it's been two months. It doesn't take much to swap that highlight with the Duchene breakaway goal vs CBJ. And if it's true that Turris' face is still shown around CTC, that's awful too.
^ another member of the “get the marketing team power to veto player trades crew. We just out here tearing the system down

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It's probably not a good idea to run promos that have Kyle Turris in them. I understand if it aired a few days after the trade, but it's been two months. It doesn't take much to swap that highlight with the Duchene breakaway goal vs CBJ.

Yeah its sad cuz I could literally do that shit in five minutes.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

iu

Its been 2 months
It takes 10 minutes to do
I wonder too ...........

Reactions: Engineer

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chabot being this good has very, very little to do with the AHL.

He was the exact same player at the start of the year, only now he isn't being treated like a pylon due to his age.

He should have been playing from the start, really never understood that, especially after he looked just as good at training camp.

A step in the right direction with regards to Boucher though.

Meh, I know you arent very big on AHL but I think the AHL definitely adds a dimension of confidence in a player when they learn to dominate a pro level game, they feel more comfortable in eventually doing so in the bigger league.

There's a reason why Detroit and a few other teams have been so successful in brewing their prospects in the AHL and then seeing such excellent results later on in the NHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Meh, I know you arent very big on AHL but I think the AHL definitely adds a dimension of confidence in a player when they learn to dominate a pro level game, they feel more comfortable in eventually doing so in the bigger league.

There's a reason why Detroit and a few other teams have been so successful in brewing their prospects in the AHL and then seeing such excellent results later on in the NHL.
I am big on the AHL. Guys do need it. Brown should be there for sure, as should Chlapik, Perron, Gagne, etc. It isn't a prerequisite.

Chabot didn't need it. He would be the first to tell you. All he needed was time to play in the NHL, but he never received it. Now that he is, he is showing why he should have been here.

The 13 games spent in Belleville didn't add anything to his game, and Chabot is brimming with confidence, to a ridiculous degree. Even as a 16 year old.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I was at the game on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. However, the expense of the tickets and parking and food was exorbitant. I only went with one of my kids. If I went to the game as a family (5 people), even with cheap seats, we'd still be looking at $350 or so. If we went once a week, that'd be $1400 a month. That's a mortgage payment for most people.
Going to the game was great and definitely a fun experience. However it just isn't worth that much money. Not even close. That's the elephant in the room right now.

What’s parking cost these days?

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa

lol. Neil, Lazar are as well. 317/318, 318/319 I think? There were 4 posters by the stairs, with the only one still on the team being Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->