Bettman Ultimatum: $42.5 M Cap, Final Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
www.tsn.ca

"The NHL has filed a counter-proposal to the NHL Players' Association offer, upping the salary cap to $42.5 million. The NHL has told NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow that it's a final offer with no flexibility or room to negotiate and must have a response by 11 a.m. tomorrow."

Last edited:

Crows*

Score reports 42.5 cap proposal

I don't think this will get it done.

Final offer no flexibility

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
The NHL has filed a counter-proposal to the NHL Players' Association offer, upping the salary cap to $42.5 million. The NHL has told NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow that it's a final offer with no flexibility or room to negotiate and must have a response by 11 a.m. tomorrow.

Hmmm

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
TSN has the same story.

The NHL has filed a counter-proposal to the NHL Players' Association offer, upping the salary cap to $42.5 million. The NHL has told NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow that it's a final offer with no flexibility or room to negotiate and must have a response by 11 a.m. tomorrow.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Who knows? Maybe Goodenow calls Bettman up at 10:00 tomorrow and says "How about $44 million?"

We'll just have to see if it get immediately rejected or not.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Wow....I just don't think that was really a good negotiating attempt by the league. Kind of a take it or **** you kind of approach. :shakehead

L3thaL 1ndustry

Aug 10, 2004
I don't buy the fact that that's non-negotiable.

I think they're trying to scare the PA into a better deal.

If the PA comes back and says 45, the NHL might take it.

TVanek26*

Oh gee,what amazing news!NHL ups their salary cap demand by a whole 500k...start calling the players back from Europe...:rolleyes:

KrazyCanuck19

Sep 25, 2003
2010 Host City
*Suspense level rises*

Dennis Beyak did mention that if the players came back with a 45 million dollar offer tomorrow, he thinks the owners would accept. Cross your fingers people!!!!!! :help:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
This is giving too much to the players but heck, it's not that bad. However, if Bettman comes back on his word, drops his pants and gives more than that, I will curse him forever.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
L3thaL 1ndustry said:

I agree. This is obviously a negotiation tactic.

Crows*

DanielBriere48 said:
Oh gee,what amazing news!NHL ups their salary cap demand by a whole 500k...start calling the players back from Europe...:rolleyes:

Actually it's a 2 and a half million increase.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
DanielBriere48 said:

actually 2.5 million not 500k

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
L3thaL 1ndustry said:

There might still be a little wiggle room. The PA should make a public counter-offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad