Bettman has no incentive to acheive cap says Hotchkiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
From the mouth of Harley Hotchkiss in todays Calgary Herald...

''The report is inaccurate," Hotchkiss says. "I personally negotiated Gary's contract.
"I had the assistance of three other senior owners, and it was approved by the board. There are absolutely no CBA incentives in that contract.''

"Bettman came to us and said he would not accept any such incentives, because he wanted to be free to make his decisions without being accused of doing something for his own, in those negotiations, for his own personal gain.

"That's the situation, that's the role I was in, that's the way it happened."

Asked why the NHL would take issue with incentive clauses -- a common practice for CEOs and COOs in business -- Hotchkiss stressed "there are no such clauses (in Bettman's contract), so it doesn't matter . . .

Also praises the job Bettman has done for the owners and says the Bettman is merely doing what he was asked to do when hired/given extension..

"He's doing what we've asked him to do. He does have our support. I know him well and how much he cares about the game and the importance of the game in Canada.

"Quite frankly, he saved our franchise and likely Edmonton and Ottawa with (his support of) the Canadian currency assistance program. . . . That act alone is often overlooked, but it saved our franchise. . . . He saved other franchises with his own high energy and determination and grasp of what needs to be done."

You must register to read the whole column...

Harley sets the record straight

Last edited:

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
MOEBEAGLE said:
Just like the wolf would not eat little red riding hood. Are you totally in managements pocket or just can't not see the forest thru the trees . :banghead:
Yeah, the owners are liars and they're like big mean, big bad wolves with nasty pointed teeth and they want to eat you.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
MOEBEAGLE said:
Just like the wolf would not eat little red riding hood. Are you totally in managements pocket or just can't not see the forest thru the trees . :banghead:

What?

The article is in this mornings Calgary Herald....what the hell do i have to do with it?

SENSible1*

Splatman Phanutier said:
I sure don't know what MOEBEAGLE is talking about
MOEBEAGLE doesn't know what MOEBEAGLE is talking about. A few too many pucks to the head, methinks.

Sammy*

In_Todd_we_trust said:
If he has no incentive to acheive a cap, why not just accept a tax and get a season going?

More PR bull crap......
AHHH,
Cause his constituency doesnt want one , nor do they wish to continue losing millions.
Now go along lil boy.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
Sammy said:
AHHH,
Cause his constituency doesnt want one , nor do they wish to continue losing millions.
Now go along lil boy.

Kinda hard to give a post a sarcastic tone when the reader has to inturpret it, but I kinda figured that too.
Just a comment about how I am bitter about this whole thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->