Bettman and Lou on Mike & MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor21

Jan 7, 2004
Those with Directv can watch the interview on Yes Network. It is channel 622. They simulcast them every day.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Jaded-Fan said:
On the other hand a whole boatload of hirings and firings happend in the last couple of days. Seems that teams are getting their houses in order in anticipation of something:

Star's extend Tippett's contract
http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/sports/story/2519085p-10888069c.html

Toronto extends Quinn's contract
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3724726

and just now Panther's fire their goaltending coach
http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/8604735

May be just a coincidence that all of these housekeeping moves happened at the same time, but I am thinking that Thursday may be the day.

Also, the Ottawa Senators are holding a press conference today at 2:00 to announce that they have signed John Muckler to a contract extension.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
TheCoach said:
Also, the Ottawa Senators are holding a press conference today at 2:00 to announce that they have signed John Muckler to a contract extension.

The rash of signings of coaches and GMs obviously has something to do with the expectation we're playing hockey in the fall, but it's happening now mostly because a lot of the coaches and managers' contracts were set to expire tomorrow (June 30th) and teams don't want their staff becoming unrestricted free agents on Friday.

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
blitzkriegs said:
They are not syndicated. They are in the metro NY area only with station that reachs close to western MA, up to Albany NY, all of LI, and south into NJ..

You can start picking up WFAN as far away as Harrisburg, PA from the West.

At night, you can get WFAN clearly in Pittsburgh. It's amazing the number of radio stations you can pick up at night.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I've picked up WFAN at night all the way down in Winston/Salem, NC before

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
BobMckenzie said:
The rash of signings of coaches and GMs obviously has something to do with the expectation we're playing hockey in the fall, but it's happening now mostly because a lot of the coaches and managers' contracts were set to expire tomorrow (June 30th) and teams don't want their staff becoming unrestricted free agents on Friday.

Thanks for the clarification but Bob, please give us some good news this week to week crap is driving everyone crazy.............. :D

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
gobolt7 said:
Does it take them 24 hours to post a clip? I can find out what was said by checking this board out 5 minutes after the interview. :dunno:

It may this time. Mike and MD are gunna be on for 24 straight hours as part of a charity event and the fact that they want to see if they can do it.

I have no life, I'll probably listen to at least 20 hours of it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
[Fire Sather] said:
It may this time. Mike and MD are gunna be on for 24 straight hours as part of a charity event and the fact that they want to see if they can do it.

I have no life, I'll probably listen to at least 20 hours of it.

What happens if they gotta take a squeege?

NYIsles1*

Lamoriello will be on about 4pm while Bettman is a call-in guest they could not give a time for. This has nothing to do with a potential lockout ending press conference.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
NYIsles1 said:
Lamoriello will be on about 4pm while Bettman is a call-in guest they could not give a time for. This has nothing to do with a potential lockout ending press conference.

Gretzky is now scheduled too.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYIsles1 said:

Info is the thing im tuning it for. No dobut Gretz or Bettman wont tell us whats going on (or at least if its coming to an end and hopefully he'll say he expects it done by next week). So 4:00 I should start listening?

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Bettman is now expected to call in tomorrow

Lou sometime right after the Met game. Gretz later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad