Bettman and Lou on Mike & MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
....Thursday at 5.

Kinda weird since Bettman hasn't been out in public really for a while, I mean, I haven't heard any interviews.

Lamarello (sp?) and Bettman will be on WFAN in NY at 5pm Thursday. I just heard this now and since I'll be out all of tomorrow I thought I'd give a heads up incase I forget to post something Thursday.

Sicilian

Feb 12, 2004
this would certainly go right along with the rumors of a deal being done by thursday. start getting the facts out to every medium possible as quickly as possible to avoid too much random speculation. let's hope anyway...

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
NYRangers said:
....Thursday at 5.

Kinda weird since Bettman hasn't been out in public really for a while, I mean, I haven't heard any interviews.

Lamarello (sp?) and Bettman will be on WFAN in NY at 5pm Thursday. I just heard this now and since I'll be out all of tomorrow I thought I'd give a heads up incase I forget to post something Thursday.

To go with the speculation, i would suspect Bettman would come out a say that they are wrapping things up, the have come to a 'deal in principle,' it's go to go to the players, then the BOG (vice-versa) and that we can expect something shortly. Also, give draft details/dates.

Bettman is NOT going to go on any public medium at this point w/o the ok of the PA. Most of what we should hear is promoting the partnership, not win/lose side vs. side.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
How about this for optimism... Could be there will be a PC earlier in the day? And this is a planned interview with the NY media following the PC.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Taranis_24 said:
How about this for optimism... Could be there will be a PC earlier in the day? And this is a plan interview with the NY media following the PC.

thats what i was thinking

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Taranis_24 said:
How about this for optimism... Could be there will be a PC earlier in the day? And this is a planned interview with the NY media following the PC.

but if that was the case wouldn't he be lining up interviews with tsn and sportsnet that cover hockey instead of with 2 blowhards that know nothing about it??

and the convenience of location doesn't really matter cause if there is a PC earlier in the day TSN will have people in nyc

gerbilanium

Oct 17, 2003
For those of us not in NY, who the hell are mike and MD (I assumed mad dog). Are they popular or are they on some obscure latino station or something.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
gerbilanium said:
For those of us not in NY, who the hell are mike and MD (I assumed mad dog). Are they popular or are they on some obscure latino station or something.

mike and the maddog are the 2 biggest guys (afternoon/drive home) on WFAN (biggest sports radio station in ny)...so its definitely a legit/respect sports talk show but hockey isn't their strong suit.

btw wfan.com usually posts audio clips of all the interviews...so if he is on at 5, you can probably listen to it there friday night.

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
NYR469 said:
btw wfan.com usually posts audio clips of all the interviews...so if he is on at 5, you can probably listen to it there friday night.

Does it take them 24 hours to post a clip? I can find out what was said by checking this board out 5 minutes after the interview. :dunno:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
gerbilanium said:
they're the highest rated syndicated sports-talk guys in the entire country. i have very reason to listen to them, since both of them hate the mets(mike especially, a die hard yankees fan) but yet...i do anyway, simply because most of the time they're entertaining.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Someone make a poll about what everyone thinks Bettman will say. :) Im leaving for some poker.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
nomorekids said:
they're the highest rated syndicated sports-talk guys in the entire country. .

They are not syndicated. They are in the metro NY area only with station that reachs close to western MA, up to Albany NY, all of LI, and south into NJ.

Syndicated means that they are picked up by other stations across the country. Like Howard Stern, Dan Patrick, etc. Mike and Tool Head are not syndicated.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
IMO, this could be the start of Bettman's "the players aren't that bad" PR campaign that will be starting soon...

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
NYRangers said:
Someone make a poll about what everyone thinks Bettman will say. :) Im leaving for some poker.

I hoping he says "do these pants make my ass look fat?"

With Mike's reply "No, but having your head crammed up there sure does"

Out side of that, only a Signed CBA could make me happier.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
NYRangers said:
....Thursday at 5.

hopefully they announce a deal's in place.
it'd be kind of ironic announcing it on the Mike and MD show,since Mike and the MD don't even pretend to follow or like hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->