Better goal scorer...Vanek or Zherdev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentNaslund*

its like asking, who is a better goal scorer? Nagy or Shane Doan. Nagy's wrist shot is one of the best, but doan is a better player.

Zherdev in a heartbeat.

Sammy*

AgentNaslund said:
its like asking, who is a better goal scorer? Nagy or Shane Doan. Nagy's wrist shot is one of the best, but doan is a better player.

Zherdev in a heartbeat.
Well, its who's the better goal scorer, there Bud.

Zherdev in this thread is quickly becoming overrated as some 2 way dynamo, when the opposite is a lot closer to fact.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I saw Vanek in college.. and Z with the Jackets..

I think Z has the better all around game.. does anyone remember him in the youngguns all star game.. dude was everywhere..

however - Vanek is a talent... would like to have his sniper skill on the
Bleu Jacquets... I fear his skills will be wasted in Buffalo..

TVanek26*

Blew Smoke said:
... I fear his skills will be wasted in Buffalo..

Why's that?Buffalo scored a lot more goals then Columbus did last season.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
Blew Smoke said:
I fear his skills will be wasted in Buffalo..

Another fool who, instead of reading up on basic statistics, still thinks Buffalo is an ultra-defensive team who never scores goals and relies on a goalie to win thier games for them. Sorry, we don't have Hasek anymore. We can score goals. In fact we were 10th (I believe) in goals scored in the last season played.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
Thanks for the replies. Personally I thought it was an interesting comparison because Vanek seems a much more natural goal scorer than Zherdev. However, Zherdev also has the skills necessary to be a goal scorer comparable or even better than Vanek, however at the same time he seems to be more of a playmaker and possibly lack that 'put it in the net' mentality that drives Vanek on the ice.

falcor

Jul 30, 2005
www.wetalk.tv
Bluesman said:
possibly lack that 'put it in the net' mentality that drives Vanek on the ice.

not true at all. Zherdev likes to score. he has scored some amazing goals in the past and i'm sure he will continue to do so in the future.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
I was referring to the fact that Zherdev looks more to playmaking than Vanek does.

Rolexmaster

Aug 3, 2005
Zherdev = better all around player....better playmaker and passer....will rack-up more points

Vanek = better goal scorer........better sniper....

Zherdev will spend his career setting-up Nash, which is a good thing, so he will rack toons of assists !!!!

Both are very talented and I would pick any of the twwo any day....

However, Zherdev gets my vote

Fan-of-#9

Dec 27, 2003
Southern Ontario
Visit site
Most people are saying that Vanek is the better goalscorer, yet continue to vote for Zherdev....this thread is asking you who the better GOALSCORER is.....Zherdev is the better playmaker, Vanek is the better goalscorer. So to answer the question that was posed by the person who made this thread:

VANEK is the better goalscorer, that's easy.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm a sabres fan and I'm going to say Zherdev is the more complete player. Vanek might have a little more offensive talent, but not by much. Zherdev will put up more points, Vanek should put up more goals. Zherdev could score 25 and put up 70 points and Vanek score 35 and put up 60 points in their rookie seasons.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
When I think Zherdev I think someone like Naslund/Elias. When I think Vanek I think of top end snipers like Satan/Hedjuk.

Also Zherdev>Vanek.

Vanek=Better goalscorer.

Zherdev=Better overall offensive player.

actually when i think zherdev i picture Mogilny with a right handed shot.. and when i see vanek i see Jagr..

imo vanek will be really special.. he seems to be very clutch.. both are players with great potential.. im leaning towards vanek for scoring more goals though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->