Better goal scorer...Vanek or Zherdev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Large_Farva*

Bluesman said:
Who do you think will become the better goal scorer, and why?

I'd like to wait and see first but... Zherdev will be the better offensive player but Vanek will be the better sniper.

Hobey Baker

May 27, 2004
Charlestown
sabresprospects.com
Large_Farva said:
I'd like to wait and see first but... Zherdev will be the better offensive player but Vanek will be the better sniper.
Tough call. I'm a Sabres fan, but I have to lean towards Zherdev due to possible future linemates. Vanek is one helluva offensive force though - I see lots of PP goals being potted -
so this one's a toughie.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
Mat said:
zherdev > vanek

No, I think it's more like

Zherdev = Vanek.

Vanek is more of a natural goal scorer. He's so clutch it's sick. Zherdev will probably score more goal and points because he has Nash feeding him the puck and vice-versa and soon enough he'll have Brule, too.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
If Buffalo would switch to an Offensive first team I thinnk Vanek would outscore Zherdev, but I dont see that happening...

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Fake Plastic Sabre said:
Zherdev will probably score more goal and points because he has Nash feeding him the puck and vice-versa and soon enough he'll have Brule, too.

That's funny.

Zherdev will be feeding Nash. Zherdev's the playmaker of the two. Nash is the scorer.

Let's remember who won the Rocket Richard award last year, now.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
When I think Zherdev I think someone like Naslund/Elias. When I think Vanek I think of top end snipers like Satan/Hedjuk.

Also Zherdev>Vanek.

Vanek=Better goalscorer.

Zherdev=Better overall offensive player.

Last edited:

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fake Plastic Sabre said:
No, I think it's more like

Zherdev = Vanek.

Vanek is more of a natural goal scorer. He's so clutch it's sick. Zherdev will probably score more goal and points because he has Nash feeding him the puck and vice-versa and soon enough he'll have Brule, too.

Had to come from a Sabres fan. How on earth can you say that Zherdev and Vanek are equal players at this point. Zherdev has done his scoring at the NHL level while Vanek has done his at the AHL level. There is no comparison. Until Vanek outdoes Zherdev, it's easily Zherdev in this case.

And to whoever said that Zherdev is a better goal scorer and Vanek is the better overall player needs to watch more of both. Zherdev can do everything offensively while Vanek is a scorer, end of story. That comparison is completely opposite.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Russian_fanatic said:
When I think Zherdev I think someone like Naslund/Elias. When I think Vanek I think of top end snipers like Satan/Hedjuk.

Also Zherdev>Vanek.

Vanek=Better goalscorer.

Zherdev=Better overall offensive player.

Pretty much agree with this. Zherdev has great vison and will be one of those guys that racks up more assists than goals just like the guys you mentioned.

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Since i first saw him play I always think of Naslund when I think of Zherdev. He's an amazing playmaker and insanely creative with the puck, it's like every assist he made last year made my jaw drop.

Vanek to Hejduk i think is a good comparrison...pure sniper.

All in all, I think Zherdev will be the better player, but goal scoring wise, Vanek will probably end up more 30-40+ goal seasons than Zherdev.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Kritty said:
Had to come from a Sabres fan. How on earth can you say that Zherdev and Vanek are equal players at this point. Zherdev has done his scoring at the NHL level while Vanek has done his at the AHL level. There is no comparison. Until Vanek outdoes Zherdev, it's easily Zherdev in this case.

And to whoever said that Zherdev is a better goal scorer and Vanek is the better overall player needs to watch more of both. Zherdev can do everything offensively while Vanek is a scorer, end of story. That comparison is completely opposite.
Vanek has very underrated passing skills. Don't let the number of assists he had last year fool you, I saw him make many unbelievable passes. He has extremely good vision and I think he will surprise a lot of NHL fans when they see him.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
futurcorerock said:
That's funny.

Zherdev will be feeding Nash. Zherdev's the playmaker of the two. Nash is the scorer.

Let's remember who won the Rocket Richard award last year, now.

That's funny. Let's see if you can learn to read an entire sentence before you decide to make a smart remark. I said Nash would be feeding him the puck at times AND VICE-VERSA. I know damn well who the Rocket winner was last year ya little *****

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Kritty said:

I love how any player that gets FFW'd into the NHL at 18 because of some GM with a hard-on for youth automatically means the hurried NHLer is better than a player that is given the "patience approach" in the AHL.

Zherdev might be a little better than Vanek - - but it ain't because Zherdev has been to the NHL and "performed". Come to think of it, I don't think Zherdev would have had more than Vanek's 42 goals in the AHL last year.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Finally, a more apples-to-apples comparison, as compared to the Zherdev vs. Ruutu thread.

In this case, I take Zherdev.

I think he and Vanek are at the very least comprable in their scoring abilities. I think Zherdev is more of an all-around offensive force. Great passer, incredible stick work.

X0ssbar

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
Finally, a more apples-to-apples comparison, as compared to the Zherdev vs. Ruutu thread.

Whattya mean Kallio - Zherdev vs. Oliwa wasn't apples to apples? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad