Better GM? Toronto vs. Winnipeg

Better Job?

• Total voters

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Obviously Lou has a great track record and is historically significant, but I think so far Chevy has done a better job in the time since Lou joined the Leafs.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’ve been impressed with what Winnipeg has been able to do after starting with the group of Thrashers assets that never did anything of note. They’ve built a good, well-rounded roster.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Chevy understands this market and knows the key to success is draft and develop. He's been playing the long game since day 1 in 2011. Turned a franchise with no prospects into perhaps the deepest team in the league. I feel extremely confident having him as GM.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
The guy who reached and Drafted Scheifele than signed him to a 6m deal and then most recently signed Ehlers to a 6m long term contract extension.

Chevy has done more by doing less and being patient, that is the reason why his franchise which is 5th youngest in the league is currently 3rd in Points in the league(while having some of they’re best and most valuable players injured)...

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
The fact that Lou was able to get out of some of the contacts he inherited is quite impressive.

This is a big deadline for Chevy who almost always sits on his hands when it comes to trades.

Why do GM’s need to constantly trade if it’s unnecessary? The Jets have had no chemistry and a bad team because of it for the past couple seasons(so there was no playoff team to build up to) and the one year they did he made moves it worked pretty well but it wasn’t even that necessary(it was more necessary getting something for Kane), today most Jets fans would prefer to keep the team how it is, why hurt chemistry and the roster we have when it’s already one of the best... Also let us know when Matthews and Nylander sign long term for 6 million dollars...

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Why would Auston Matthews sign long term for 6 million Dollars?

Nylander, yes.

Because Chevaldayoff was able to sign Scheifele and Ehlers for 6 million long term... Also to be fair Ehlers is better than Nylander so even if Nylander signed for 6m it would be of better value to the Jets because of that..

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Because Chevaldayoff was able to sign Scheifele and Ehlers for 6 million long term... Also to be fair Ehlers is better than Nylander so even if Nylander signed for 6m it would be of better value to the Jets because of that..

So Matthews should sign for 6 million becuase Scheifele did? He's a better player at a younger age, I don't see the comparable.

Ehlers is not better than Nylander, that's still up for debate.

Reactions: Garthinater

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
So Matthews should sign for 6 million becuase Scheifele did? He's a better player at a younger age, I don't see the comparable.

Ehlers is not better than Nylander, that's still up for debate.

Firstly I’m not saying Matthews has to I’m saying Chevaldayoff signed an Elite Center to 6m long term, also what suggests to you Matthews is currently better, less PPG and total points compared to Scheifele in the past 2 Seasons, though I can agree Matthews will likely be better by the time he’s Scheifele’s age but for you to say he’s better

Secondly, so 4 more points and 14 more goals in the past 2 seasons(in the same amount of games) isn’t better??? I think you need to get your priorities straight because less isn’t more in hockey(unless we are talking Salary and not stats), your logic is extremely flawed.

Last edited:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Secondly, so 4 more points and 14 more goals in the past 2 seasons(in the same amount of games) isn’t better??? I think you need to get your priorities straight because less isn’t more in hockey(unless we are talking Salary and not stats), your logic is extremely flawed.

Sure...but they're in the same tier/range

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
But one, has came closer and won more.
Winnipeg still needs to win a playoff game before they can win a series.

Yes the Leafs still lost to Washington in the 1st round last year however that series ended 4-2, where as the Jets 2.0 1st round series against Anaheim in 2014 was a 4-0 sweep for the Ducks.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Sure...but they're in the same tier/range

So Matthews is better because he scores more goals than Scheifele(regardless of the fact that he scores less points)...

But Ehlers scores many more goals and more points than Nylander and there about equal...?

But regardless what I’m saying is Lou is highly unlikely to be able to sign long term contracts as low as Chevaldayoff did on two similar players(who are currently in the same tier, with the Jets players being slightly better today or at least by the statistics), which is a huge advantage towards Chevy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad