Better future: Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Better future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Griffins have won 2 Calders in the past 5 years. Hasn't exactly put the Red Wings over the top.

Their farm system isn't as good, in recent years the Marlies have produced

Nylander
Hyman
Brown
Kapanen
Dermott
Johnsson

That's just in the last couple years The next wave isn't far behind either, led by Liljregen and Grunstrom

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Are you old enough to know who Scotty Bowman was?
Interesting facts, Scotty Bowman had won 4 straight cup before joining the Sabres. He spent about 7 seasons in Buffalo, flaming out towards the end. Following his firing he didn't coach for 4 years and the first job he took, he won the cup with the Pens. The Sabres almost brought his career to a standstill.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Griffins have won 2 Calders in the past 5 years. Hasn't exactly put the Red Wings over the top.
Tampa has also had a top notch AHL team for many years along with Nashville. Like Nashville and Tampa, a ton of our young players are graduates of our AHL team and we have many more coming along who should play key roles on the big club in the near future.

Current graduates:
Nylander
Dermott
Gardiner
Bozak (gone this offseason)
Hyman
Brown
Carrick
Kadri
Johnsson
Kapanen
Leivo

Future potential Leafs currently on Marlies:
Moore
Engvall
Goat
Aaltonen
Bracco
Timashov
Grundstrom
Lilly
Rosen
Borgman
Sparks

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Interesting facts, Scotty Bowman had won 4 straight cup before joining the Sabres. He spent about 7 seasons in Buffalo, flaming out towards the end. Following his firing he didn't coach for 4 years and the first job he took, he won the cup with the Pens. The Sabres almost brought his career to a standstill.

That or he wasn't as good a GM as he was a coach.

Reactions: nobody

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
So Toronto wins this one, but Leaf fans better admit that this one is CLOSE. Buffalo has some serious talent on the way up and they should be damn good for years to come. Gonna be an even better rivalry between Toronto and Buffalo than in years past.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
So Toronto wins this one, but Leaf fans better admit that this one is CLOSE. Buffalo has some serious talent on the way up and they should be damn good for years to come. Gonna be an even better rivalry between Toronto and Buffalo than in years past.
I'll now when Buffalo gets good when I start hating them again. Right now it is almost love I feel.:sarcasm:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

It will be close when Buffalo stops sucking

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust Housley as our future coach and we have no goalie.

Reactions: Yamazaki

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I mean it's the Leafs if you consider depth, coaching, management, farm system, proven top end talent, goaltending, etc. If you don't take those into consideration then it's really close. Buffalo has a lot of promising young talent, but still are question marks, and their management/coaching hasn't proved anything yet, and they have major holes in net/depth. I don't vote in polls involving Leafs, but I'm guessing this is a lot closer than it should be.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
This is why I didn't want to see the Leafs getting Tavares, I knew their fans would become absolutely smug and insufferable on this site if they got him.
And it would've been the opposite if they didn't get him. There are just as many leaf fans on this site as there are leaf haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->