Mikael Sergachev - Zack Bogosian
Ian Cole - Cal Foote
X - Fleury

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The one that's won multiple cups.
That D doesn't exist anymore.

That said, I would still expect the Tampa D to be better, they just play a lot harder all over the ice, it's not something that you can really gauge matching players up head-to-head on talent alone. Josi is a rover, and there isn't an analogue to him on TB, Bogosian, Cole, and Foote are maybe not very good in isolation, but they play within an effective system which mitigates the limitations of individuals quite nicely.

Reactions: leafsfan5

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sure it does. It's name is Hedman.

Nah, Tampa's strength was being able to have an elite shutdown pairing that could both defend, be nasty AND move the puck with McD and Cernak.... and THEN still have Hedman and Segachev leading the other pairings. This means Hedman in a more offensive role against lessor teams, and still available to shut guys down once you get deeper in the playoffs and teams start having 2 1st lines.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Nashville at the moment, with McDonagh going from one to the other being the big difference. For Tampa, I'm waiting to see how Sergachev emerges this season playing an even bigger role without McDonagh. But for now I give the Preds the edge over the Bolts on D.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
They seem pretty even on paper. It’s gonna depend on how well Sergachev can handle the increased work load imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad