best/worst "prospect" trade in the last 10 years..ever??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
CoupeStanley said:
I'm not a mod but, If you could please remove some of those >>>>, It would greatly improve the layout of the page.
yea what is with all that?? was lindros really THAT hyped to get a trade like the one that happened?? i also think that naslund trade was great, LoL...id heard of it before but forgot

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
The pick was a 3rd rounder in the 2003 draft which was Stefan Ruzicka who is currently the 16th overall prospect for the Flyers.

Those rankings on the Flyers page are pretty old. Ruzicka is defeintely top 10, and pushing the top 5.

IMO Flyers rankings would go

1. Pitkanen (no longer really a prospect)
2. Carter
3. Woywitka/Richards
5. Sharp
6. Niittymaki
7. Ruzicka

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:
yea what is with all that?? was lindros really THAT hyped to get a trade like the one that happened?? i also think that naslund trade was great, LoL...id heard of it before but forgot

#1. Yes, Lindros was that hyped. Considered to be then next in line Gretzky - Lemieux - Lindros.

#2. Injuries derailed Lindro's career as a dominant player, some seem to forget him being the best player in the NHL, and better than Forsberg.

#3. The Flyers had shocked most of the hockey world taking Forsberg with the 6th pick in 1991. He was expected to go much later in the first round.

#4. Flyers would not have made the deal if Forsberg would have agreed to come play in the NHL during the upcoming season.

SaintRon

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
March 1991:

PENS get:
Ron Francis
Ulf Samuelsson
Grant Jennings

WHALE get:
John Cullen
Zarley Zalapski
and Jeff Parker

Thanks E.J.!!! :handclap: ;)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
John Flyers Fan said:
Essentially it was Rick Nash for Jay Bouwmeester.

True. But, it's no fun looking at it that way...
Actually it was:

To CBJ: Nash
To FLA: Bouwmeester
To ATL: Lehtonen and 2 picks (can't remember which ones).

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
John Flyers Fan said:
Essentially it was Rick Nash for Jay Bouwmeester.

I disagree - Florida could have had Bouwmeester without ever making a trade. I look at it this way.

To ATL: 2 2nd round picks, missing out on Bouwmeester
To FLA: Opportunity to move up at 2003 draft, which never occurred since they did worse than Colombus anyways

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
I disagree - Florida could have had Bouwmeester without ever making a trade. I look at it this way.

To FLA: Opportunity to move up at 2003 draft, which never occurred since they did worse than Colombus anyways

Technically, in fairness to FLA, they finished one point better than Columbus, but won the lottery (again).

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Burke's Evil Spirit said:

It was a bonehead move by Dudley. He gave up the two pick to Atlanta gambling that the BJ's would have a much better pick than Florida the followign year.

All 3 teams got the player they wanted, and it would have been that way even without the trades that were made.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
John Flyers Fan said:
It was a bonehead move by Dudley. He gave up the two pick to Atlanta gambling that the BJ's would have a much better pick than Florida the followign year.

All 3 teams got the player they wanted, and it would have been that way even without the trades that were made.
it wasnt TOO bad of a trade...what if florida made it to the second round of the playoffs and the blue jackets finished the way they did, then florida could have swapped picks and taken zherdev...
i wonder if florida will win the lottery again this year?? LoL im a HUGE panthers fan and would be willing to sacrifice two more losing seasons to have this team....
luongo, jokinen, bouwmeester, horton, stewart, ovechkin, crosby, nedorost, mezei
not too bad
but i dont think the panthers will end up with crosby, knowing bob clarke the flyers will trade somebody like radovan somik or jim vandeermeer and a 9th rounder for washingtons first rounder (remembrances of the pitkanen trade)

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:
it wasnt TOO bad of a trade...what if florida made it to the second round of the playoffs and the blue jackets finished the way they did, then florida could have swapped picks and taken zherdev...

What were the odds of the Panthers making the playoffs last year ??? Slim and none.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Actually you can look at it this way also: Florida moved down from #1 to #3 to swap picks with CBJ in 2003 (so more lottery balls were added to double Florida's chances of winning #1 overall and did...but with their pick) at the same time J-Bo's contract goes down because of being chosen #3 instead of #1 which is essential in its own way for the Panthers not to mention taking away the pressures of being chosen #1 overall from J-Bo...Nash has handled it quite well so far but I don't think shy Jay Bouwmeester would have seeing how D-men usually take a lot longer to develope than most forwards do so being #3 he can stay quiet/play bad and not get media swarming around him calling him an "early bust" in the NHL or something.

CoolburnIsGone

Here's a list of some really bad FL trades involving prospects/picks:

-Stu Barnes & Jason Woolley for Chris Wells (FL fans still say this was the worst trade ever)

-Sean Burke + 5th rounder for Mikhail Shtalenkov + 4th rounder

-Jaroslav Spacek for Anders Eriksson

-Dan Boyle for a 5th rounder

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
RichPanther said:
Here's a list of some really bad FL trades involving prospects/picks:

-Stu Barnes & Jason Woolley for Chris Wells (FL fans still say this was the worst trade ever)

-Sean Burke + 5th rounder for Mikhail Shtalenkov + 4th rounder

-Jaroslav Spacek for Anders Eriksson

-Dan Boyle for a 5th rounder
im a HUGE panthers fan...id say the worst was the boyle one (or so it looked last year)...the barnes one doesnt make sense, no purpose in the trade for the panthers

slyc

Sep 26, 2003
Cantley, Canada
www.live365.com
Alex Stojanov for Markus Naslund and Trevor Linden for Bertuzzi/Mccabe.

These two trades are unbeatable and both in favor of Vancouver. But long time ago Vancouver traded Cam Neely for Pederson (who the hell is Pederson).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad