OT: Best way to watch Leafs on TV ?

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i mean yeah gamecenter is an option... going from rogers to teksav internet...

so like is there a good cable tv you guys recommend to watch hockey on tv
my gripe with gamecenter is it's delayed so can't talk to friends about the goal i seen
and watching hockey on cable is still #1 cause it doesn't chop or lag...

rogers bill for all services probably around 170-200
teksav internet is probably 50-60... so i assume to watch hockey is like 40-50 ?

who do you recommend
also does that mean they gotta drill another hole in my house cause rogers uses just one for everything
:help:

york region
sadly been a robbers fan my whole life and they aint about giving me an affordable deal

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
170-200 a month for rogers just to avoid a 30 second lag on the off chance you want to talk to your friends about a goal???

If my delay was up to 5 minutes I'd take the delay out of spite for having rogers think that 170-200 is acceptable to charge their customers.

Sorry but I haven't had or paid for cable tv in over ten years now. Last year I watched every game in full hd.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
170-200 a month for rogers just to avoid a 30 second lag on the off chance you want to talk to your friends about a goal???
you make it a small issue but it's funny nothing more aids than holy **** the leafs won the stanley cup with that goal !

omg spoiled

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I've found most Leaf games are blacked out in the Toronto area when using Game Centre.

I suppose you can use a VPN

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Looking forward to the game tonight. But what a terrible camera work and announcing from Syracuse.
Reminds my 1960s high school broadscast. Their isn't a banner to show you the score of the game. And the idiot Marlie announcers don't tell you the score either. I have to go on the computer to find the score

I'll be watching the game...and my computer tonight, plus the Sens/Pens and Survivor.

I have a pretty full internet, cable and phone package from Rogers. Including taxes 160 a month.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I'm old so don't understand how Nic Cage, the cheesiest actor alive, has to do with Leafs on TV???

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I'm old so don't understand how Nic Cage, the cheesiest actor alive, has to do with Leafs on TV???

Nic Cage is the youtube channel name.

There are soo many ways to watch games now adays, just need to google it, because we are not allowed to post links here.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

giphy.gif

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
my honest question does everyone on hfboards not watch their hockey on cable television ?

you know the method where like you watch things live...

cause the people posting on game day threads seem to have cable television thus reacting to goals

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
my honest question does everyone on hfboards not watch their hockey on cable television ?

cause the people posting on game day threads seem to have cable television thus reacting to goals

Cut the cord 3 years ago, I only miss a game if I go out on the weekend or west coast games.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

Almost all of us watch on youtube which is maybe 60-90 seconds behind.

I have cable but still stream everything. I probably watch 4-5x more on SN Now and tsn.ca then I do on any of their channels.

But i'm also not on here F5'ing GDT's during a game.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I use Beanfield IPTV, which is technically ahead of cable.

But its only available in downtown condos (at least for now).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Cable with PVR, no commercials or intermissions for me.
Cogeco = 222.33 per month.

I really don't understand why people post in GDT's while watching but that's on me.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Cable with PVR, no commercials or intermissions for me.
Cogeco = 222.33 per month.

I really don't understand why people post in GDT's while watching but that's on me.

I typically don't post, but I love to browse ours when we are losing to read some of the very stupid takes. It's rather entertaining to read about 10 people blame a player for a goal, only to see further replays later and see how it was another players fault. I need some form of entertainment during the bad games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->