Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2004-2005 baby face gimmick

• AEW Jericho

• Total voters

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
His heel run in wcw opposite baby face Malenko was perhaps my favorite time as a wrestling fan. Jericho, Malenko, Benoit, the three of those guys were just amazingly talented and so fun to watch.

A better poll would be the 2nd best gimmick, which for me is the original Y2J.

Reactions: Kaner9

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Any version of Jericho is awesome except 2004-2005 babyface Jericho where he wasn't doing much and Undisputed Champion Jericho where he was booked like shit.

My favourite is WCW heel Jericho. He was just so much more creative on the mic and didn't rely on catchphrases as much. I always loved him purposely mispronouncing names. He only brought that to WWE for a little while.

The older I get, the less chance there is of me having very fond memories of something recent (like within the last 10 years), but List of Jericho is a classic for me.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Any version of Jericho is awesome except 2004-2005 babyface Jericho where he wasn't doing much and Undisputed Champion Jericho where he was booked like shit.

My favourite is WCW heel Jericho. He was just so much more creative on the mic and didn't rely on catchphrases as much. I always loved him purposely mispronouncing names. He only brought that to WWE for a little while.

The older I get, the less chance there is of me having very fond memories of something recent (like within the last 10 years), but List of Jericho is a classic for me.

2004 2005 Jericho. That mention gave me some ptsd. His feud with Christian and Trish was good but everything else sucked bad. Respect to Christian for what that loonie got him tho.

Reactions: Megahab

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
tough call.

Like many, I consider the WCW heel Jericho and original Y2J to be the 1 gimmick. Its the same thing, just different letters on the apron. Its also his best work and some all time creative promos and my God was he over. That pop when he debuted is epic.

His suit/hypocrite heel run was a perfect heel program. He sold it so well, and importantly had a reason for it and sold that reason as justifiable. I'd argue its the best heel work of the last 20 years at least.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I liked Jericho's super self-absorbed character when he was the Undisputed Champion (and loved that promo he did against The Rock before the '02 Rumble), but his booking during that period made him look somewhat weak and not like a credible Champion.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My favorite Jericho remains WCW heel Jericho.

That said, the most over Jericho was absolutely 2000 Jericho.

If they had pulled the trigger on him in 2000, not necessarily in that overturned TV title match, but later on, maybe had him with LMS against HHH at Fully Loaded and put him into the title picture that summer... they would have had a MASSIVE draw.

I think they waited too long to give him the title as a heel in 2001, and then his title run was trash.

Wasted opportunity.

2008 Jericho was alright, but I feel like pretty much anybody could have done that character. It was intriguing from Jericho, since he basically did the opposite of everything he was before, but there was nothing inherently interesting about the character beyond that.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
There really is only two bad/underwhelming versions of Jericho to me. The babyface "Save_Us" Jericho return in 07/08 was not great. Maybe because he was immediately put into a world title feud with Orton. In any case, after he was back for a month it was like he never left before. He knew he needed a change up and switched to the 08/09 Bockwinkel/Chigur "Save_Me" iteration. Probably his best.

The other bad version was definitely "cool dad" Jericho who feuded with Ziggler, Wyatt, Fandango before turning heel against AJ Styles. He was floundering badly and had very little creatively to offer.

Other than those 2 times there isn't really a bad Jericho.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

Is this from 2005 or 2008?

Either way, that face run wasn't anything special, but this moment is golden.

That was 2005. It's the first thing I was thinking of earlier in this thread when I said 2004-2005 face Jericho is the only Jericho I didn't like. A bit cringey to me.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
WCW when he had the Evenflow sounding music. I never liked his ring work in WWE. That bulldog he'd do every match looked terrible. His theme was annoying, and the shut the hell up thing was overused.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I liked "List of Jericho" Jericho, but more for its comedy relief aspects. It's a bit too silly for me to consider it the best version of Jericho.

IMO the Undisputed Champion Jericho was the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad