Best Swedish Forward in the NHL for the 2022-23 Season

Best Swedish Forward For the 2022-23 Season?

• Mika Zibanejad - NYR

• Elias Lindholm - CGY

• Gabriel Landeskog - COL

• Filip Forsberg - NSH

• Elias Pettersson - VAN

• William Nylander - TOR

• Jesper Bratt - NJD

• Lucas Raymond - DET

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Forsberg seems the obvious answer, however E.Lindholm with Huberdeau is a darknorse pick.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Said otherwise, if given the opportunity to select one, Mika Zibanejad is my first selection every time, followed by Gabriel Landeskog and then Filip Forsberg.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It’s Mika, especially after his incredible playoff performance. 13 points in 6 elimination games. 6 points in 2 game 7’s. 8 game point streak through the Canes and Bolts series. When NYR were eliminated he was 3rd in playoff scoring only behind McDrai. 10 goals and 24 points in 20 games.

Has had a 5 goal game, back to back natural hat tricks and 6 point nights, and no center with 20+ minutes a night plays as much on the PK as he does. Improved his faceoff percentage to 50%+ as well

Scored 41 goals in 57 games back in 2020

The better question is who’s #2?

Last edited:

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
It’s Mika, especially after his incredible playoff performance. 13 points in 6 elimination games. 6 points in 2 game 7’s. 8 game point streak through the Canes and Bolts series. When NYR were eliminated he was 3rd in playoff scoring only behind McDrai. 10 goals and 24 points in 20 games.

Has had a 5 goal game, back to back natural hat tricks and 6 point nights, and no center with 20+ minutes a night plays as much on the PK as he does. Improved his faceoff percentage to 50%+ as well

Scored 41 goals in 57 games back in 2020

Good points, who is #2 in your opinion?

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
It’s Mika, especially after his incredible playoff performance. 13 points in 6 elimination games. 6 points in 2 game 7’s. When NYR were eliminated he was 3rd in playoff scoring only behind McDrai. 10 goals and 24 points in 20 games.

Has had a 5 goal game, back to back natural hat tricks and 6 point nights, and no center with 20+ minutes plays as much on the PK as he does. Improved his faceoff percentage to 50%+ as well

He was good in the playoffs but did a lot of damage on the pp, 60% of his goals came from the power play. At 5 on 5 his possession numbers show a player that got absolutely caved in defensively but NYR as a team had really bad 5 on 5 metrics which no doubt brought him down and he’s never been a known as a defensive stalwart.

Still think he was good but I think he was really fortunate to get the points he did, he was on the ice for a huge amount of scoring chances against versus what he was able to produce and had a pretty high shooting percentage and on ice shooting percentage.

Not saying that power play production is not important or that everyone on a team needs to be able to drive the play without depending on others like Mika does but I do think his numbers need a lot of context behind them.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He was good in the playoffs but did a lot of damage on the pp, 60% of his goals came from the power play. At 5 on 5 his possession numbers show a player that got absolutely caved in defensively but NYR as a team had really bad 5 on 5 metrics which no doubt brought him down and he’s never been a known as a defensive stalwart.

Still think he was good but I think he was really fortunate to get the points he did, he was on the ice for a huge amount of scoring chances against versus what he was able to produce and had a pretty high shooting percentage and on ice shooting percentage.

Not saying that power play production is not important or that everyone on a team needs to be able to drive the play without depending on others like Mika does but I do think his numbers need a lot of context behind them.
Who the hell cares where his production came from? Point is it’s very clearly sustainable by now. He took over in the playoffs

And saying he isn’t a good defensive center is far from true. Takeaway artist, one of the best PKers in the league. NYR’s pre-established system under DQ hurt his 5v5 numbers like everyone else but purely defensively he’s up there. The Selke votes prove it, the PK numbers prove it, the takeaway numbers prove it, and there’s a reason he’s been lauded as our best defensive forward by 3 separate coaches

And he’s also proved he’s much more than fortunate when it comes to scoring. He led the team in points by 20 back in the 2019 season. He scored 41 goals in 57 games back in 2020 while pacing for 108 points. He just had an elite playoffs with 10 goals and 24 points in 20 games. He doesn’t have anything left to prove he’s a top 10 C in the NHL

Hedman, Backstrom, and Landeskog all called him the best Swedish player as well

Last edited:

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Who the hell cares where his production came from? Point is it’s very clearly sustainable by now. He took over in the playoffs

And saying he isn’t a good defensive center is far from true. Takeaway artist, one of the best PKers in the league. NYR’s pre-established system under DQ hurt his 5v5 numbers like everyone else but purely defensively he’s up there. The Selke votes prove it, the PK numbers prove it, the takeaway numbers prove it, and there’s a reason he’s been lauded as our best defensive forward by 3 separate coaches

And he’s also proved he’s much more than fortunate when it comes to scoring. He led the team in points by 20 back in the 2019 season. He scored 41 goals in 57 games back in 2020 while pacing for 108 points. He just had an elite playoffs with 10 goals and 24 points in 20 games. He doesn’t have anything left to prove he’s a top 10 C in the NHL

Hedman, Backstrom, and Landeskog all called him the best Swedish player as well
He’s definitely good I just find him overrated and more of an opportunistic scorer rather than one that can drive play by himself.

I will say after looking at the numbers more though I had no idea that the NYR had the numbers they did in the playoffs. They are downright shockingly bad 5 on 5 across the board which no doubt would effect anyones numbers in a very negative way.

I want to look into it to see if a team that made the final 4 has ever had worse numbers like they just did, my immediate thought was the 2009 Canadians but I think the Rangers may have got caved in even worse than they did.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went with Lindholm. Weakest division, strong help. Probs not the best player, but I can see him him having the best season.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Landy, Zib, Forsberg, Willy and Lindholm are currently top players. I hope EP healthy and with a decent surrounding will take a couple of steps and build from what he did PS 2020 and end up in the superstar realm.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese